Just before the abuse starts ill tell the story, one morning, i wake early for my run, alls well in the world, suns shining(ish), snows long gone. Misses in bed, walk out of house, stretch off. lock front door of house. Ok, i thiught to myself ill hde the keys in garden, then thought better of it, security and all that. So in my wisdom, ill sling them in the volvo. Anyway start my run, come home a while later, do my warm downs, go to the volvo, open the door. However, doors locked!, numerous thoughts went through my mnd, not all pleasant. It turns that the car had decided to lock itself. However in the past i have forgot to lock it over night with nothing happening. come back in the morning and no probs. so, my keys are locked in car, any idea on how to open her up, with minimum damage? oh yeah, only have the one key lol. funny situation, I can take a joke, so after the micky taking any suggestions bar a brick?? thanks folks. Look forward to your suggestions, i think. PS 94 plate 850 t5 estate.