Join Today

Threaded View

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts

Review: Volvo Freedom Test Drive

I washed my C70 on Sunday morning, using the two-bucket method, I've recently learned on VPCUK. I have always been quite meticulous when it comes to car cleaning, especially the Volvo. I was still thinking about whether it was worth the effort seeing as I had a 50-mile journey down the motorway. I knew that I'd never keep the speed down enough to stop the insect casualties, despite my best intentions. But there again going to any Volvo meeting with a dirty car just wouldn’t do, especially as this one was at a stately home in Northants, with lots of new cars to compare with. I re-read the terms and conditions over lunch for the millionth time just to make sure it didn’t say "Anyone who has previously rolled their T5 into a field may not take out anything more than the lawnmower".

I buzzed down the A14 and arrived at Lamport Hall, an impressive, regal sandstone building with courtyards and pebbled driveway. The noise that the stones make under the tyres tells you that this isn't certainly a service station car park on the M42!
    The girls in the registration area (a large wood cladded room with lots of ye oldie bloke pictures carrying swords) were singing Shakespeare Sister's "Stay". I have to say they were very friendly and the singing wasn’t too bad either. I told them which cars I wanted to drive and set off with the keys to the V70R manual – the one I had been looking forward to the most.
    Last edited by Wobbly Dave; Monday 5th June 2006 at 11:13.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Thread Information