Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

'96 850 t5 value?

I am having to sell my fathers 1996 volvo t5 estate on behalf of my mother (who cant drive), after he sadly passed away a few weeks ago. Could someone please give me a rough idea as to how much it is worth. she wants to know if money raised will cover the top band council tax!! It is in good all round condition, red, auto, approx 100k, taxed, mot'd, service record etc with air con, full leather interior etc.

Is it worth buying it off her and keeping; I quite like the car as i have driven it but fear its too expensive. what are the running costs like servicing and reliability like? I am new to volvo, ive always owned vw's.

A further query. the abs and traction control warning lights keep coming on. what do i have to fix? cheers

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi mate welcome to the site...

Sorry to hear about your loss

The cars probs worth in the region of £2000, Maybe a bit more.....

Running costs depends on how well the cars been looked after, Roughly £600 to insure and between 20 and 28mpg

Stick up some pics of the car as it might help move it quicker

Good luck with your choices

This user has no status
    Thanks
    welcome and my condolences pal.
    i personally wouldent be able to sell it, keep your dads car in the family.
    reliability is superb, saftey is awsome, and the driving experience is.... an "experience".
    servicing and repairs can be a little high if you cant use spanners, but all said and done it sounds like a nice motor thats only halfway through its life.
    wayne
    96 black 854 T5 cd auto. (running great)
    irrid plugs, FSE fuel press reg, K+N panel,
    MBC @13psi, strut brace, clear side repeaters,
    black grille, de-badged other than T5,
    well hung pilot :-)

This user has no status

Thanks

insurance for the 850 t5

I recently insured my (new to me) 95 T5 for me and the other half for just over £300. I reckon I'm getting approx 23 miles to the gallon, mixed urban and rural use. Servicing and spares are pricey - running costs are reasuringly expensive! I'm an ex VW owner and I don't think I'll go back. I'd keep your Dad's car if I were you.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ellroy
    I am having to sell my fathers 1996 volvo t5 estate on behalf of my mother (who cant drive), after he sadly passed away a few weeks ago. Could someone please give me a rough idea as to how much it is worth. she wants to know if money raised will cover the top band council tax!! It is in good all round condition, red, auto, approx 100k, taxed, mot'd, service record etc with air con, full leather interior etc.

Is it worth buying it off her and keeping; I quite like the car as i have driven it but fear its too expensive. what are the running costs like servicing and reliability like? I am new to volvo, ive always owned vw's.

A further query. the abs and traction control warning lights keep coming on. what do i have to fix? cheers
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

If you live outside London, I would say keep it as they are not as expensive to run as long as you don't have a heavy right foot Spares can be pricey, but not as bad as some japanese cars. Some of the guys here have the ECU chipped and this can give phenominal power and increase the mpg. You should be looking at 23-25 mixed driving, 20ish or less in traffic and about 28-30 on a long motorway run. On reliability, you have to remember that it has the old audi quattro turbo engine (but modernised) in it , they still use the basic design and Ford have just put a 5 cyl turbo engine in the Focus ST. So it's heading to be a classic engine and some would argue it already is. I see it as the new 'Buick/Rover V8'.

On the ABS/TRACTION control light, I would say this an ABS sensor, and you will definitely get help on how to inspect/clean or renew one of these from the guys on here.

I would say keep it, but I am biased, what with 2 kids and loads of toys flying about in it. But bear this in mind, I once saw a kid in a Ford Fiesta RS turbo off from the lights on the way to the tip, with a 4' 6" Double bed in two halves onboard, try and do that in a Golf.

You can have fun, while looking discreet and it drives so comfortably, I would happily do Rome and back without any concerns.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ellroy

hi mate just check out this thread and the link put your details in and it will give you a rough price idea

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t9968-us...ions-free.html

SIGNATURE COURTESY OF STORM TROLL

Thread Information