Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dump Valve

This user has no status

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by T5-Nutter
    Is there any benefit to fitting a Bailey Dump Valve to my 850 T5? I have heard that they can damage the turbo, is this true?

bet you never expected that much passion.

This user has no status

Thanks

the old man thing.....

with reference to the old man volvo thing.......one of the neighbours nodded to me today as i now drive a burgundy estate just like the 4 other sensible estates in our road.
    .............miserable gits have spent the previous 17 years looking down their noses at me when i had me bikes gto n galant.
    ill be invited to the residents meeting next.....must get to m&s to get a tweed cap............
    ..........and halfords next door for a dump valve

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'll add my fuppenny bit if I may; It is all down to personal taste, nothing more.
    If MrsM doesnt like a DV then she doesnt fit one, if someone else does, they do.
    I used to have a Punto GT with all the gubbins and it was quick but the addition of the DV gave me that extra little indescribeable thing that boys like.
    As someone said earlier you can control the sound to a degree. Dont floor it and release your foot slowly will sound very different to hammering the pedal and lifting quick.

One annoying thing though is some sound like someone shouting 'Tisht' while others have a sexy noise that evokes powerful machinery. It is hard to tell what is the defining factor as to what noise is made.
    I have seen some with trumpets. Do these go 'Toot'?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baj
    Do these go 'Toot'?
    Or even 'poooft'
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something - Plato

This user has no status

Thanks

waaaaaa tissssshhhhh.......

its all down to pressure control.....a low pressure release produces the "tisssshhhh" while a higher pressure let off produces a deeper,more satisfying "whoooosh"....followed by a slipper to the side of the head and orders to open the window......
    'think the same principle applies to dv's too.....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theravedaddy
    'think the same principle applies to dv's too.....
    Awesome .... obviously from a man who knows
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something - Plato

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    depends also if you lean to oneside during the delivery.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baj
    I used to have a Punto GT with all the gubbins and it was quick but the addition of the DV gave me that extra little indescribeable thing that boys like.
    Same here, i used to have a PGT with a baileys 26. Loved the sound. Would i put one on my T5, not sure, i like the stealthyness of the Volvo too much now. That said, i do plan to put a 3" exhaust system from the turbo back on it sometime

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5
    Actually moppy he wasn't saying that at all!! His comments weren't directed at you.....I think you missed the point.
    What he is actually saying is that everyone knows ppl fit DVs to fords, supras etc and most ppl associate Volvos with middle aged or old men...but the next generation of tuned cars will include more volvos and less fords (getting rarer) thus ppl wont mind so much. As everyone knows Tuning Volvos is a relatively recent thing and ppl wont expect a volvo 850 to suddenly light up the front wheels burbling 5 pot exhaust tunes and spitting out big mouthfuls of charged air PPPPPSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT! to go roaring past them.

Therefore i say fit a DV if you want. They do NOT damage turbos and some are louder than others...I personally love 'em and if i had a manual i would fit one.
    ive had recirc valves on all my auto's mate, they dump when you lift your right foot, if you dont lift, they dont psssssttt.
    Personally i like a quiet dump... every1 looking at me when i dump is offputting !!! lol.
    96 black 854 T5 cd auto. (running great)
    irrid plugs, FSE fuel press reg, K+N panel,
    MBC @13psi, strut brace, clear side repeaters,
    black grille, de-badged other than T5,
    well hung pilot :-)

Thread Information