Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Lowering + Towing

I have a slight problem. Ive just upgraded to 18" Pegs on my '97 V70. Very soon I shall be useing the car for towing a horsebox, laden trailer will weigh 1600kg at times. I want to lower it but keep good towing capabilities i.e not bottoming out etc but at the same time want a good sporty feel for the rest of the time. The car is equipped with nivomats on the rear.

So, what should i do, throw the nivomats as far as i can and swap them for uprated proper shocks (koni etc)? This seems the best option and set them to hard? Interesting to hear other opinions though.

Regarding the lowering, should i really lower the rear remembering the amount i could be towing? What about uprated rear springs like the ones on the PFVO site? http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=3691

The front will definately get lowered to even the car out along with uprated shocks.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I have lowered springs and if I load the car up, for example, to go camping, and then tow the jetski too, then its very easy to ground it out.
    The rear axle ends up with only about 7cm clearance from the road but what generally touches first is the tow hitch itself.
    Simple things like speed bumps have to be taken really carefully.

Let's face it, lowered sports springs are never going to be ideal for heavy load carrying or towing. If you're going to be doing that a lot then perhaps you should stick with the self-levellers.
    Robb
    Silver 2001 V70 T5 ex-plod
    Eibach lowered springs, Monroe Reflex shocks; 17" Almathea's shod with P6000's (eBay £50 net); Black leather interior (eBay £410)

Thread Information