Join Today
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: focus ST225

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks

St225

Sorry not been able to reply to any messages yet but you dont need to be anywhere near to 70 mph to feel to benefits Hamish has done.

Nat is this better now Hamish is the only one named , oh sorry nearly forgot with all this very cold weather do you want me to give you a spare kettle I have as yours seemed to take a couple of hours to boil even with constant encouragement from Hanish and myself .

Thanks Merc and Volvo tuning

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry not been able to reply to any messages yet but you dont need to be anywhere near to 70 mph to feel to benefits Hamish has done.
    my s60r lost its 4wd at present, just fwd, its 300 horses going via the fronts, and wot a complete waste of power, cant get any traction, until im above 60mph! lol, the torque steer is terrible as well!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You get used to it LOL!
    '96 855 T5 auto ...GT30 and everything uprated!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Point being is they only wheelspin if you do a clarkson and just floor it for the sake of it, if driven properly they dont really spin in 2nd or any gear after that, however thats in the dry, in the wet its a bit of a problem.
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikezero
    my s60r lost its 4wd at present, just fwd, its 300 horses going via the fronts, and wot a complete waste of power, cant get any traction, until im above 60mph! lol, the torque steer is terrible as well!
    Get some new tyres or some finesse...

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    i think u guys are missing the point!, if u cant floor it because of excess wheel spin, then u aint going to get full acceration from the car, therefore a waste of power, if u going to fanny around at half throttle trying to stop wheels from spinning, there's no point in having big bhp via front wheels!

imho lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Why ? what if you need to floor it at a higher speed say to leave that bmw thats up your arse for example its not all about standing starts is it ?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    FWD just introduces a bit more "driver skill" into the equation rather than just stamping on the throttle and letting the haldex sort everything out for you!

When I first had my 19T done I was thinking about fitting a limited slip diff to control the rampant wheelspin in the first 3 gears. Ive kind of adapted my driving style since then and managed to get everything to hook up quite nicely, and I dont really have too much of an issue even in the wet with a fair bit more than 300 HP going through the front wheels
    '96 855 T5 auto ...GT30 and everything uprated!

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikej
    Why ? what if you need to floor it at a higher speed say to leave that bmw thats up your arse for example its not all about standing starts is it ?
    if i stamp on the throttle in 2nd gear 30/40mph, any speed u choose below 60, i get wheel spin on a dry road, wet road just forgot it!, anything above 70 is pointless, too many speed camera's and ££££s on the road

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroresh
    FWD just introduces a bit more "driver skill" into the equation rather than just stamping on the throttle and letting the haldex sort everything out for you!

When I first had my 19T done I was thinking about fitting a limited slip diff to control the rampant wheelspin in the first 3 gears. Ive kind of adapted my driving style since then and managed to get everything to hook up quite nicely, and I dont really have too much of an issue even in the wet with a fair bit more than 300 HP going through the front wheels
    "adapted your driving style" ie cant give it full beans, in low gears, so therefore pointless having all that power but no control over it, if u cant get all the 340 to connect to tarmac, no point in having it

have u ever heard of a supercar with fwd?? lol

come on guys, take off the rose coloured glass's! lol

get some awd drive for real control!

imho lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Or you could just buy a landrover lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    "adapted your driving style" ie cant give it full beans, in low gears, so therefore pointless having all that power but no control over it, if u cant get all the 340 to connect to tarmac, no point in having it

imho lol
    Back to normal so soon!! Thin ice!

Does everyone remember DaveS60R who seemed to only have the opinion that the S60R was the ONLY car people should be driving and everything else was just a shed??????

x

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp
    Back to normal so soon!! Thin ice!

Does everyone remember DaveS60R who seemed to only have the opinion that the S60R was the ONLY car people should be driving and everything else was just a shed??????

x
    do i get a feeling u dont like me??

there nothing wrong with a heathy debate on the pro and cons of high bhp in fwd cars

ps. its too warm for ice! lol
    Last edited by mikezero; Friday 10th March 2006 at 00:28.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Mike,

Your car is only a pretend 4WD ! It's not a real 4x4 ! It only drives the rear wheels when the driver has 'run out of talent' !

Hamish.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikej
    Or you could just buy a landrover lol
    And what is wrong with a Landrover!!!!

PS mine is for sale, as I have convinced Hamish I need a newer one!!!!!

Nat xx

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Would seem there is a lot of pretending where mikezero/Daves60r is concerned he doesnt seem to know his own name!

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish
    Mike,

Your car is only a pretend 4WD ! It's not a real 4x4 ! It only drives the rear wheels when the driver has 'run out of talent' !

Hamish.
    lol, and ive got bags of talent mate! not! lol

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

imho lol
    Point taken but it's very dangerous to generalise mate the AUDI TT comes to mind lol.
    Engineer

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi,

Is a TiTy a supercar now ? or have I missed something ?

Regards,
    Hamish.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Mike have you considered driving something like a TVR, get in and do what you do best and just floor it, you will be dead in a few minutes, you must be part of the PS2 generation that likes AWD evo's, scooby's etc etc that you just get in and floor it and the car does the rest, fun in a way and quick yes but dont take much effort to do.

There's a massive list of RWD and FWD cars that need to be 'driven' not just jumped into and floored to get them to go fast.

Good old story of mine, very good mate went to an Evo track day last year, about 30ish evo's on track ranging from standard to around 400ish bhp, all doing laps for times. Quickest car of the day around the track was a clio 182 cup in standard form, admittedly it had a racing driver at the wheels but thats a wheelspin monster with your so called naff FWD. Just shows what can be done with a proper driver though doesnt it!
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

Thread Information