Join Today
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: focus ST225

Casual poster 15 years on!
    Thanks
    mike is correct in what he says. AWD is the best* at putting the power down.

*Porsche have their own idea's and thus this is IMO.
    My TWITTER username

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuturephantasy
    Courtenay Sport Astra VXR - 285 bhp and 305 lb ft (412 Nm)

Thats great if you like Vauxhalls and all their crappy switch gear!! Plastic rubbish if you ask me, there is no comparison. Give me my T5 anyday
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Goof I dont think T5's are best at all, dont get me wrong I drive one and think there great cars but give me a monaro VXR for 15k and I will forget a T5 anytime, o.k well keep it as a second car.

Im not the type of person to go around saying I drive this so therefore its best, ive taken a T5 past the limits of power for FWD in the past and know where that limit is. Awd is great in the right applications and when its raining or snowing would have one all the time but evo's arent challenging to drive, S60R's are great and will own one at some point but not purely for the AWD aspect.
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Me too, one day!

Fun in the twisties!
    We take the "be polite" rule very seriously!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Good old depreciation and the knackered used car market might be one day sooner than think!
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    mike is correct in what he says. AWD is the best* at putting the power down
    Thank u mr.murphy!

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by After_Shock
    Good old depreciation and the knackered used car market might be one day sooner than think!
    u could have my s60r in 2 years time, with over 100k, for 5 grand, does that sound like a good price?(i cant believe how much money it has lost, shocking)

looking forward to the new s80 with the v8 awd, a more sporty version of that please a couple of bi turbos, 400bhp thanku very much! lol

aftershock - i have a friend who brought a volvo s80 d5, a year old from a volvo dealership, since then he gets invites to new car launchs, ie the new c70, etc

why have i never seen a invite for this kind of stuff??, got my volvo from a volvo dealer

do u volvo sales peeps, have special customer lists, for this sort of stuff, new car launchs, etc??

no doubt, they took me off the list, cos thought i was a nob! lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    The invites are nothing to do with the sales people its all done through Volvo U.K and the dealer admin departments, depends on the individual dealers as such as to who gets invited and also what boxes you tick on certain forms when you buy the car, i.e do you want to be informed of new promotional material etc etc.

The new V8 AWD is quite an exciting prospect and yes a turbo one would be very nice indeed!
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hmm, just caught this thread as i nearly finished a bottle of red wine so excuse me, but driven many performance 4x4 cars, and yes they have more traction (of course) and are easier to handle, but have to agree with many opinions on this thread, FWD or RWD cars require much more skill and have to be driven which = more fun! I drive a T5 FWD and love em, but would'nt class em as 'supercars'. Just comfortable, useable, practical everyday cars that bloody go and surprise lots of people! Try buying anything else that does all that for the money, you will not.

That's my two penneths worth!

Darren

This user has no status

Thanks
    Anybody watch that program called Top Gear, where they tested both Porsche 996 carrera S (RWD) and the carrera 4 (4WD) around the special stage in the millenium stadium, cardiff?

Iirc, the fastest was the 4wd by a second or so, but the rwd version was a much better car all round.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Think can remember that one, did they crash one on that or am I thinking of something else?
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

Casual poster 15 years on!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeast
    Anybody watch that program called Top Gear, where they tested both Porsche 996 carrera S (RWD) and the carrera 4 (4WD) around the special stage in the millenium stadium, cardiff?

Iirc, the fastest was the 4wd by a second or so, but the rwd version was a much better car all round.
    Porsche shouldn't be included in any debate, because it wins every time. Some how they manage to defy rules / regs / gravity / physics etc etc. It is the ultimate chassis / brake / engine mating. My idea of automotive Karma!
    My TWITTER username

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

Porsche shouldn't be included in any debate, because it wins every time. Some how they manage to defy rules / regs / gravity / physics etc etc. It is the ultimate chassis / brake / engine mating. My idea of automotive Karma!
    Don't see them on the grid for Sunday's big one mate.
    Engineer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Your're thinking of a Lotus mate! - easy mistake...
    I've never driven a car with soooooo much handling to make use of - Lotus Exige (the Toyota engine with the funny cam), round Donnington I couldn't stop laughing!
    Keep your ton and three quarters of "luxury saloon", give me an Exige anyday!

Basically, if you want a car that performs, general concensus is that you need to have ideally either 4WD, RWD, or lastly FWD!
    No argument really!
    No offence to anyone - and, YES I do currently drive a FWD car, BUT the Kawasaki is RWD!!!
    Last edited by Goof; Friday 10th March 2006 at 21:29.

Fun in the twisties!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Great debate this one! Still think that the T5's take some beating as an ALL ROUND car, with performance and many other attributes (including shifing dogs/kids/wardrobes etc! Struggled to get all that out of my RWD Honda SP1!! Back to the beer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz T5
    Great debate this one! Still think that the T5's take some beating as an ALL ROUND car, with performance and many other attributes (including shifing dogs/kids/wardrobes etc! Struggled to get all that out of my RWD Honda SP1!! Back to the beer
    Too right! - you can't shift anything bigger than a briefcase in these new fangled sporty things! Most have only 2 seats at best!

Fun in the twisties!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I can think of only one car in the same sort of bracket as a V70 or 850 estate, and thats an Audi RS6 Avant which has the quattro system of course.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz T5
    I drive a T5 FWD and love em, but would'nt class em as 'supercars'. Just comfortable, useable, practical everyday cars that bloody go and surprise lots of people! Try buying anything else that does all that for the money, you will not.

That's my two penneths worth!

Darren
    I agree. Name me one car that has luxury, driveability, smooth, Fast as ££££, refinement, quality, cost's less than £5k and doesnt fall apart, oh yeah and defo doesnt break down on a regular basis like Renaults and vauxhall etc...........I rest my case.

Volvo's are solid, safe, practical, fast (when u want to be) and refined. Enough said. I can say alot of things about alot of cars cos i fix them on a daily basis as an AA patrol (ok some cant be fixed like clutches and seized engines) and i have to say, that i cannot remember the last time i went out to a Volvo 850/V70/S70 T5 or other for anything other than a flat battery or flooded or puncture. Ask me about any other car and the list goes on.... That my fellow T5 drivers says alot for the kind of car that we all relish in.........Long live the T5 and all that sail in her.

I'll get my coat.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Friday 10th March 2006 at 22:42.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    And about £40k more used!
    04 S40 1.9D 115Bhp Sport
    00 BMW 325i Cabrio
    07 Monaro VXR 500
    03 Porsche Boxster 2.7

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeast
    I can think of only one car in the same sort of bracket as a V70 or 850 estate, and thats an Audi RS6 Avant which has the quattro system of course.
    RS6 in the same price bracket as an 850/V70 ?

£35k will get you one I guess. Not quite in the same bracket!

Wouldn't mind an RS4 one day - gorgeous!

#

Thread Information