Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

How easy is it to remove a h/lamp wiper motor 850

My n/s headlamp wiper motor is seized up, i haven't even looked to see how to remove it yet, was going to buy another one on e bay but need to check which block connector it has as i gather their are 3 different types.

Is it easy to remove & refit & if so how ? (its an 850R estate)

Thanks Simon.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry, mods u might want to move this to the tech help section !!

Simon.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have to replace both of mine soon so I had a look at the drivers side first. Removed the arm, headlamp and trim beneath the headlamp and undid the screws that held in the motor thinking 'hey, this is a doddle !' then realised it wouldn't come out because the wiring loom to the ecu which is encased in a hard plastic pipe was in the way so I gave up ! (I had very limited time). The passenger side one though appears to be much clearer, you may have to remove the battery but it should then come out.

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Yep you'd think they are easy to do, but the wiring loom casing is in the way.. I changed mine with unbolting a nut which holds the wiring loom in place. This is quite low down (possibly subframe) but it allows you to lift it up just enough...well it did for me....

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yes, had one of these out the other day. Pull off the trim below the wiper, undo the arm and remove the two (?) bolts from under the trim panel. My one pulled up easily inside the engine bay, disconnect connector. I think that you are limited in space as the wiper arm itself is quite long so you need to make room sometimes I understand.

I think that these motors are handed, but if you prise one apart (takes a while if you are careful you can get it back together again) you can play around with the phasing of the gears and hand it yourself. They are quite basic inside, mostly gear grease as I recall. The rear plastic plate is all that keeps the gears in phase, so it's a cr4p design really, as soon as some pressure gets on, the gears unmesh. Have fun.
    Stock manual 854 T5 in Red ... at the moment!

Thread Information