Join Today

Thread: Oil leak

This user has no status
    Thanks

Oil leak

Hi guys, can anyone help me with my oil leak? I have replaced the oil cap seal and the breather pipe so I know it is not from here. I have a drip from the offside of the engine and it appears to be from just in front of the 'ring' on the offside of the subframe. It drips when the engine is not running and uses about 1/2 litre a week. I have no ramps or jack to get underneath and ramp time is limited for me. The bottom of the subframe/car is covered in it of course so there is no indication there. i can see the drips hitting the floor and it appears to be from the front (offside) of the engine. Any suggestions anyone?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Could be the oil pressure switch, this is located on the front of the engine below the inlet manifold. when they leak oil runs down the front of the engine, and from there goes everywhere. Including the drive shafts, which flicks oil up onto the rear of the engine! (making it very difficult to pin point the leak!)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    bowman

Turbo Oil return pipe maybe!. Just a guess

....is making a comeback
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Sounds like the cam oil seal!!!

Thread Information