Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Red face my 850 is cold! heater down?

help!? my 93 850 2.0 20v (sorry no t5..yet!) the heater is only blowing cold air? the temp gauge seem's to be ok? not running cold.. and all the speeds (1to4) are fine.. i'm going to fit a new thermostat over the weekend to see if this helps? i just wonder if any one else has had this problem??

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just a guess Air block/pocket, ignore me if u alredy had a look im not sure cos ive never done this myself but most cars have bleed valves around the cooling system!

Back on the road with 6 gears...........!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Has the anti-freeze been changed regularly and maintained because if not corrosion from inside the waterways can find its way into the heater matrix and block it up. Feel the heater pipes that run through the bulkhead to make sure they are both hot, if not you could try removing them and back flushing the matrix to flush out the crud.
    Last edited by nobananas; Saturday 5th March 2005 at 23:43.

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Check the level of the coolant. It may be running low. I've seen another car divert all the coolant to keeping the engine cool (priority pump) rather than pumping it through the heater matrix to warm air.

Thread Information