Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

V70R rear brake options

Discs/pads/probably handbrake shoes had it on my car, wondered if there is anything I should consider other than OEM volvo parts? Also looking for an article about fitting rear-discs if anyone has seen one.

I think the front discs are still 280mm, perhaps someone can tell from this pic ? Front brakes look new though, so I won't replace these just yet.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Dude, fill in your signature so we know the exact car you have, as you are talking about 280mm front discs then its a P1 V70R, and they are most likely to be 302mm. Pic isnt working for me.

Anyway, back to the rear brakes. You could always be the first P1 (as far as im aware) in the UK to have P2 'R' rear calipers, pads and discs. Of course this will not be cheap, but its an option, and you did ask for other options

This user has no status

Thanks
    Dunno what happened with the link, anyway its on here, there is a picture of one of the front wheels.
    Used to have a 97R V70 R AWD

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    You are most likely to have the 302mm - I would be v surprised if they were 280s.

Best VFM option for great brake performance is Ferodo DS 2500s - available from HLM (aka Volvotuning) and ferodo DS Permier for the rear. Rear doesnt have as much to do as the front. I think (though you'd better check) that as a forum member there is a discount available?
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    I have DS2500s on my Impreza track car, they are brilliant but also paired with AP 6 pots, I won't be modding the Volvo that far.

I see that Kalmar Union offer rear cross drilled/grooved 295mm discs for £159. Anyone had these fitted? I wonder if these are direct replacements or if they require any caliper adjustment. I will contact them tomorrow to ask.
    Used to have a 97R V70 R AWD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos13
    I have DS2500s on my Impreza track car, they are brilliant but also paired with AP 6 pots, I won't be modding the Volvo that far.

I see that Kalmar Union offer rear cross drilled/grooved 295mm discs for £159. Anyone had these fitted? I wonder if these are direct replacements or if they require any caliper adjustment. I will contact them tomorrow to ask.
    Hi Carlos, I have 302mm fr and 295 rr grooved and drilled, they weren't too good when i first had them fitted, but i had the old redstuff pads, and they were not a good combo for the car with lots of fade,
    I have now fitted DS2500 on the front and they work just fine now

Gary

PS No need for adjustment at all on the calipers,
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Personally speaking - I think pad choice is the key.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Thread Information