Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Silverstone tomorrow

Is anyone else going to this tomorrow?

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67704

All set now, bit of an early start though. Got to sign in by 7:45am
    S60 T5 SE Metallic Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Aluminium Mesh Trim, Heico Alloy Door Pins, Heico Stainless Steel Sill Covers, Heico Black Mesh Grille, Heico Boot Decal, Genuine Volvo Boot Spoiler, Koni FSD Dampers, Eibach Springs, BSR Stage 1 PPC, Pipercross Induction Kit, Powerflow Twin Oval outlet exhaust system, Powerflex Polyurethane Top Engine Mounts & Front Wishbone Bushes, Osram Silverstars, Phillips Silvervision Indicator Bulbs, Thor 17" Alloys in Dark Anthracite.

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I Wish I could go......... (working)

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hmmm..... the lesser swedish car. some of them look quite tasty.
    now : 850 2.5 auto

Ex : T4 with NOS on board

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Has a great day yesterday, even if it was damp most of the day. It did start to dry out towards the end of the day, so I was able to give it some beans later on without fear of ending up planted in an armco.

They put myself and Paul (in his 250Hp Saab 9-3SS) in the 'fast' group with a Lambo and Porsche 911 Turbo among others, but we didn't shame ourselves passing a few of the more 'exotic' pieces of machinery. (Paul didn't get past me though even though he was obviously trying quite hard judging by the amount of smoke coming off his front brakes after one of the sessions )

The car drove really well. Would definetely go again, but preferably on a drier day. Here are a few pics...
    S60 T5 SE Metallic Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Aluminium Mesh Trim, Heico Alloy Door Pins, Heico Stainless Steel Sill Covers, Heico Black Mesh Grille, Heico Boot Decal, Genuine Volvo Boot Spoiler, Koni FSD Dampers, Eibach Springs, BSR Stage 1 PPC, Pipercross Induction Kit, Powerflow Twin Oval outlet exhaust system, Powerflex Polyurethane Top Engine Mounts & Front Wishbone Bushes, Osram Silverstars, Phillips Silvervision Indicator Bulbs, Thor 17" Alloys in Dark Anthracite.

This user has no status

Thanks
    The 60 looks fantastic Simon!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun despite the weather!! I look forward to seeing you pushing it round Bruntingthorpe!!

x

Casual poster 15 years on!
    Thanks
    Nice pic -

My TWITTER username

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Paul didn't come out on the last session and it seems they called out over the PA system while I was queing to go out... Can everyone please make sure their lights are turned off unless your in a Volvo.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Here is a short video clip Paul took with his camera of me overtaking a Porsche 944 Turbo down the pit straight at about 110mph . Fastest part of the circuit was the Hanger straight at between 125 and 130mph.

www.saabcentral.com/silverstone.mpeg
    Last edited by Simon; Tuesday 14th February 2006 at 14:38.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    very good simon
    now : 850 2.5 auto

Ex : T4 with NOS on board

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

Nice one Simon let us know if you go again, would like to tag along if right dates and enough notice. Might even bring the other 3 Horseman.

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    well done ..... Looked like a great day... anyone have any mishaps..?

Current Garage:
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013

This user has no status
    Thanks
    There were quite a few mishaps in the 'slow cars' session. It seems some idiot span 3 times on his out lap in the first session, so the session was stopped almost straight away

Quite a few rear wheel drive cars span off during the day. There was a Cosworth Sierra of some description which went off and did quite a bit of damage.

The good old front wheel drive cars didn't really feel like letting go all day. Saying that I did have a bit of a moment overtaking a BMW down the pit straight and overshot and thought I was going off, but luckily, somehow mangaged to recover it.

It was a really, really fun day out. By far the best track day I have done yet.

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    I think a trip out to Oulton/Silverstone/donnington will be on the agenda over the next couple of years.

the small tracks I've done don't quite have the same reputation as the main circuits..

Current Garage:
    *Data Sept 2013

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looks like you had a lot of fun there!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think the same people are planning a Donnington track day in May.

Thread Information