Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Morning Sickness

Had my V70T5 2001 39000 mls serviced a few days ago, every thing was running ok. when I got my car back the following morning when started it ran very rough for a few minutes its like its not firing correctely and no excelleration untill it sorted itself out it then runs ok. I took the car back to the garage for a test and sure enough there was no problem, so, there is only a problem in the morning or when its been standing for a few hours. This is my fifth Volvo and the first time I have ever had this problem.
    Has anybody had a similar problem or can anybody offer me advice. As a general note I posted a topic for V70T5 Oil. I discovered that my vehicle has only had semi and not fully synth. Other than this small problem I am very pleased with my T5. I know its not a major problem but its a pain in the ar-s.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by MacXC60T5; Wednesday 18th January 2006 at 00:13.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Smells like water / condensation getting into the HT system somewhere. Check all the rubber covers are seated correctly and have a look inside the dissy cap.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I agree sounds like you may have a loose lead or water in there somewhere probably find whoever serviced it hasnt put one of the leads on properly.Had the same problem with my bike a few years ago had a fiddle with the leads and it went.Good luck

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I don't think there is a dizzy cap or HT leads. The coil packs are seated on top of each spark plug.

Perhaps a coil pack hasn't been reseated propery and this is where the moisture is getting in.

Regards

Andy

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ah. Sorry, mines a 1999 vintage one. We have "old school" ignition !

This user has no status

Thanks
    If the above doesnt work also try the lambda sensor, my thinking is that it is only happening when the engine is cold!?!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeast
    If the above doesnt work also try the lambda sensor, my thinking is that it is only happening when the engine is cold!?!
    Steve.
    Correct it only happens first thing in the morning when the engine is cold. I suppose I could suggest to the Garage that they have a look at the sensor.
    All the garage say is to leave it in all night and they will have a look at in the morning, I would have thought that there is other tests they can do.

This user has no status

Thanks

Unhappy

Hi mate

i have a w reg phase 1 which has had the same problem for sometime now, started after a cambelt change, i had the plugs done as these hadnt been done since i had the car and to be honest it has run badly ever since.
    For the first few minutes now i have to sit in the drive and run it as i cannot accelerate away until it sorts itself out.
    As soon as the car is warm it runs fine...Volvo dealer was at a loss and suggested trying new parts until they got the right fault, i am taking her to a mates Monday so they can try what you guys have suggested before he put parts out of his car and into mine.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrat2
    Hi mate

i have a w reg phase 1 which has had the same problem for sometime now, started after a cambelt change, i had the plugs done
    Check that the timing is spot on, also check that you have the correct spark plugs fitted.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I would see if there is a code stored in the ECU...get it read.

Also sounds like it could be a MAF(AFM) sensor or related problem...have you checked the connections yet?
    Scrappage.....love it!!

Thread Information