Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Steering wheel removal

I have a 95` t5. I dont have a haynes manual, but how do you remove the steering wheel?

thanks in advance

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    There are two small Torx screws on either side of the airbag, turn the steering wheel half a turn and feel for the hole, undo both screws and CAREFULLY remove the airbag. Underneath this there is the nut that hold the steering wheel in place, remove the nut and the wheel.

BE CAREFULL: The airbag is dangerous and can easily be triggered by static discharge, bear this in mind when removing the connection from the back, hold/touch a piece of bare metal on the car before going near it, to earth yourself first. I have removed mine several times now safely but be carfull, nobody wants an airbag going off in their face!.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks

air bag

as was mentioned in previous answer,2 torx screws on the rear of the wheel,you should disconnect the battery & leave it for 15 minits before you touch it or attemp removal of the bag as the system will still have charge in it,
    be carefull of any yellow wires,dont cut or spike them as they are air bag related wires,
    when you remove the bag you should be able to fit a pin of some kind into the ribbon to stop it turning,try to refit it in the same position as you removed it,,if you refit it,otherwise you get airbag light on

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks guys.

have a good new year yeah

e "lammers"

Thread Information