Join Today

Thread: Mbc?

This user has no status
    Thanks

Mbc?

Poking around the engine bay I discover a brass fitting inline on the hose to the wastegate. It has a spring and thread so it must adjust/restrict pressure to the waste gate.

Looking at Siamblues pics on the HID thread he has described a similar device as being an MBC Mk2 etc.

This brass item on mine is almost definitely not standard judging by the hoseclips used so am I looking at part of or all of an MBC?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looks like it Colin put a pic up and we can tell you for sure,

Gary
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

arbee
    This user has no status
    whats an mbc?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arbee
    whats an mbc?
    manual boost controller

allows you to manually set the boost level (instead of using the ECU to control boost)
    1996 855R Wagon/ M56H
    EST Intercooler & piping, TIAL BOV, JT Tuning 3" Turboback, SPM H-beam rods, Venolia forged pistons, lightened/balanced crank, headwork still in progress

arbee
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by jross
    manual boost controller

allows you to manually set the boost level (instead of using the ECU to control boost)
    ahhh, ta

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin 850 T5
    Poking around the engine bay I discover a brass fitting inline on the hose to the wastegate. It has a spring and thread so it must adjust/restrict pressure to the waste gate.

Looking at Siamblues pics on the HID thread he has described a similar device as being an MBC Mk2 etc.

This brass item on mine is almost definitely not standard judging by the hoseclips used so am I looking at part of or all of an MBC?
    Careful - this could also be a Bleed valve. If it is then out it. They are rubbish as weather affects them ie atmospheric pressure and air temp also, so performance will be good one day and better the next.

Do your research on these baby's cos there are many types. (Although cant remember if Bleed valves have a ball bearing and spring???) plenty of know how and advice here...
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information