The one thing letting my lovely car down are the horrendous 'bog windows' headlights. They diffuse the beams so much at night its difficult to see.

I have tried polishing the things - a month later FOGGED again. I am kicking myself as I scrapped my last V70 with perfectly lovely GLASS headlamps! Now I would have to BUY a pair again. On ebay averaging £300+ per pair USED.

My car is in the 'awkward' period (2004) between face lifts so its hard to work out which fit and which dont. I am seeing plenty of GLASS replacement lenses but will these fit in place of the grotty plastic ones please? I have stripped down a glass headlamp off one off my cars years ago to see if it could be done. Its only a few clips around the edge and it comes off. The idea was to fit my own LED DRL's into the headlights and refit the glass?

I HATE plastic! I am a green warrior and it seems every day they make something else out of plastic - WHY HEADLIGHTS? The intense heat crazes and yellows them so fast. Unless straight out of the factory they look appalling a week later.

Im not seeing ANY PLASTIC lens replacments? These would be my choice but seem to be be unavailable?

Thanks