Hi Folks

the other morning setting off at 4 am for work one off my offside headlamp went off. I had been intending to change the bulbs on these to the 'super bright' HID's as I now live in the wilds of darkest Hampshire and I cant even SEE my black car in the mornings!

Anyway I thought it a bit annoying as I planned this for the spring when warm as I have no garage
BUT
I got in the car to come home last night and saw that headlamp flicker ON for 5 minutes then off so not the bulb. I have been noticing some other electrics flickering and was going to investigate but its now made itself DEFINITELY known where the fault is.

A brief investigation when I got home with a torch revealed the problem. Mice have nibbled at the large connector plug above the offside headlamp and the drive pulley for the accessory belt. They have had a go at most of the wires in this group some of the conductor is just exposed others the wires are almost eaten through causing my electrical fault. I need to splice in new wires to replace the breaks but have no idea what goes where.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this large plug please - I can attach photos when I get home later. I have worked out that the 'white' wire seems to be the dipped beam a this is one completely broken.

The car is the one in my avatar a 2004 V70 D5 auto

Cheers