Join Today

Thread: Wiring Diagram

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks

Question Wiring Diagram

Hi Folks

the other morning setting off at 4 am for work one off my offside headlamp went off. I had been intending to change the bulbs on these to the 'super bright' HID's as I now live in the wilds of darkest Hampshire and I cant even SEE my black car in the mornings!

Anyway I thought it a bit annoying as I planned this for the spring when warm as I have no garage
    BUT
    I got in the car to come home last night and saw that headlamp flicker ON for 5 minutes then off so not the bulb. I have been noticing some other electrics flickering and was going to investigate but its now made itself DEFINITELY known where the fault is.

A brief investigation when I got home with a torch revealed the problem. Mice have nibbled at the large connector plug above the offside headlamp and the drive pulley for the accessory belt. They have had a go at most of the wires in this group some of the conductor is just exposed others the wires are almost eaten through causing my electrical fault. I need to splice in new wires to replace the breaks but have no idea what goes where.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this large plug please - I can attach photos when I get home later. I have worked out that the 'white' wire seems to be the dipped beam a this is one completely broken.

The car is the one in my avatar a 2004 V70 D5 auto

Cheers
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11614&dateline=143983  7674

2004 - V70 D5 -'Black Bess' - The new addition
    2002 - C70 T5 'Ragetty Anne' - awaiting rebuild long term storage

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    I have some wiring diagrams but there are bits missing from the 2004 wiring diagrams, I usually piece it together from the three:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/27eu87sq16...iring.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8eyz6r172e...iring.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b4woyfz2k...iring.pdf?dl=0
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

Tee5alive (Saturday 4th December 2021)

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    GREAT STUFF Dave cheers that will get me going.

Luckily the rain stopped so today is cutting and splicing to get my lights working!

UPDATE: OK all good managed to splice in new crimps and wires but NOW its turned out it WASN'T those wires! It is now an INTERMITTANT fault so I start the car and the dipped beam is working - a few seconds later its off again?

A thorough 'shake test' for loose connections carried out oon the looms, plugs and the plug on the back of the headlamp itself

NOTHING I dont want to call an auto electricican who would turn up and the light would work all the time hes here - charge me for a callout then the light goes out when it sees him gone!! ( speaking from experience)

Has anyone any hints as to connections I havent seen on the headlight circuit please? I dont think theres anything like a 'dodgy bulb' in my experience they are either 'good' or the fillament is blown - end off. No half measures.

HELPFUL HINT: I may be teaching the members how to 'suck eggs' but discovered the top half of the plastic enclosure around the ECU units IS REMOVABLE allowing my fat hands to get to the offside lamp (if I dislocate my shoulder and wrist)
    Last edited by Tee5alive; Saturday 4th December 2021 at 14:29.
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11614&dateline=143983  7674

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    QUESTION does each headlight have its own fuse? I'm thinking just to make up a jumper from the N/S headlight to power the O/S ONE! Sod all this mucking about with looms.

New Identity
    Thanks
    Last edited by Dangerous Dave; Saturday 4th December 2021 at 20:42.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

Tee5alive (Sunday 5th December 2021)

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
    Thanks mate

OK had a check round it still has the original H7's fitted nothing SUPER POWER (like bl**dy mercedes/BMW fit that burn your eyes out at night - should be BANNED!!!!)

Pretty much ruled out wiring so last culprit would be the FFM2 RELAY BUT can't find this. In the underbonnet fuse board - in the diagram it shows 'upper side' of the fusepanel and 'underside'? Now to get to thay you have to remove 5 T25 Torx which surely isnt right? I tried this and it wont shift so I doubt the relays are under there idk??

OK off to lie upside down in the footwell and pull out the CEM panel!

UPDATE: My CEM aint NOTHING like ones they show online as a flat pannel its a huge 'L' shaped module and they expect people to 'drop' this without stripping out the whole dash LOL. Go my 'snoopy scope' (endosope) in there and had a look round but cant see ANY shunt resistor?

Started raining so knocking off.
    Last edited by Tee5alive; Sunday 5th December 2021 at 14:28.

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Just going to add my car seems like a 'hybrid' as its right at the end of 2004 beginning of 2005 when they changed a few things. I have SOME P2 bits and others are P3 !!!! My CEM SHOULD be the FLAT one but discovered its the 2005 mod.

New Identity
    Thanks
    Yeah they did have some mongrel cars in the last few of the pre facelift models

Mine is the late 2004 and has the facelift body and interior but the older engine (163bhp)

Thread Information