Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Thumbs up Vida Dice help needed

Hello everyone,
    it's a 1st post from me so at the beginning i am sorry if this post is in wrong section.

Do anyone of you guys living in central Scotland and have a Vida Dice service tool and can help me with my issue? I am struggling with some weird noice as i accelerate between 2000-3000 rev there is a weird sound going from right side of the engine (near timing belt) . My 1st thought was that the injector is rattling but i am not sure so i wanted to check it with Vida Dice device, is there anyone from the central Scotland to help me out?

Appreciative
    Thanks
    Wonder if it could be a timing belt tensioner? If one exists on your particular model and year, whatever that may be...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    Wonder if it could be a timing belt tensioner? If one exists on your particular model and year, whatever that may be...
    I still think that is a injector rattle, we will see when i will go for some mechanic to check it, but that will be in a while, i have been reading about it and all threads was saying about injector, i will keep you updated if i will have any info about my problem.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cernos View Post
    I still think that is a injector rattle, we will see when i will go for some mechanic to check it, but that will be in a while, i have been reading about it and all threads was saying about injector, i will keep you updated if i will have any info about my problem.
    VIDA/DICE won't detect a rattle....that's what eyes and ears are for!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    Agree, or more likely the Aux belt tensioner too slack and causing the belt to chatter. He won't need VIDA for that.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    VIDA/DICE won't detect a rattle....that's what eyes and ears are for!
    Are you living near me maybe and can help me to find what is it? Because i cannot hear anything with my ears..

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cernos View Post
    Are you living near me maybe and can help me to find what is it? Because i cannot hear anything with my ears..
    Sorry no, I'm about 500 miles away!

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Could be the VVT hub, they rattle when they fail.

Thread Information