Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Looking at coming back with a c70. Some questions first :)

Hi People
    hope everyone is well.

So i am looking at coming back to T5 ownership..
    My previous Volvo cars are
    2000 C70 T5 GT auto (orange)
    1999 v70 T5 Auto (dark grey)
    1999 C70 T5 (manual, I think it was a auto but the wife says I'm wrong, and she is normally right, i can't remember)

I currently have an MR2 MK3 as Track only Sprint car.
    Also a Freelander 2 as a tow car, and the wife has a 1.0T Picanto (cool little thing), i have access, but not mine, to a mk3 mr2 road car.

I am missing the "road car" I am a massive petrol head, but my funds for purchasing are limited currently (the wife can't work anymore). I want something I can daily, play with, do up, and i really miss that 5cly noise, I had a very loud focus ST, I am a 40Yr old Yob at heart The c70 ticks a lot of boxes and a great bang for buck car, even if the wife hates the smell of a volvo
    I also want to be able to use it for a few family duties, even caffaine and machine type events, i do not have a car i feel i can take to these.

Anyway, I digress, I have spied a W reg C70 t5, mechanically its lovely, drives great, has been sat around, not used much over the past year. cosmetically it needs attention. So a few bits hoping you guys might be able to help with

1) Rear foot well wet after a lot of rain :- is there a normal location the leaks and lets water in?
    2) the drivers door has "dropped", are they adjustable, or something that wears that can be replaced?
    3) exhaust, Any recommendations where to a get a good one without spending silly money.

Anything mechanical doesn't bother me as I do all my own work.
    I haven't purchased yet but i am very temped. i will also have to get it mapped

It's black is the paint code easy enough to get hold off, it needs lots of touch up and a sill painting.

thanks
    Pete
    If you make it idiot proof
    They will make a better idiot

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Hi People
    hope everyone is well.

So i am looking at coming back to T5 ownership..
    My previous Volvo cars are
    2000 C70 T5 GT auto (orange)
    1999 v70 T5 Auto (dark grey)
    1999 C70 T5 (manual, I think it was a auto but the wife says I'm wrong, and she is normally right, i can't remember)

I currently have an MR2 MK3 as Track only Sprint car.
    Also a Freelander 2 as a tow car, and the wife has a 1.0T Picanto (cool little thing), i have access, but not mine, to a mk3 mr2 road car.

I am missing the "road car" I am a massive petrol head, but my funds for purchasing are limited currently (the wife can't work anymore). I want something I can daily, play with, do up, and i really miss that 5cly noise, I had a very loud focus ST, I am a 40Yr old Yob at heart The c70 ticks a lot of boxes and a great bang for buck car, even if the wife hates the smell of a volvo
    I also want to be able to use it for a few family duties, even caffaine and machine type events, i do not have a car i feel i can take to these.

Anyway, I digress, I have spied a W reg C70 t5, mechanically its lovely, drives great, has been sat around, not used much over the past year. cosmetically it needs attention. So a few bits hoping you guys might be able to help with

1) Rear foot well wet after a lot of rain :- is there a normal location the leaks and lets water in?
    2) the drivers door has "dropped", are they adjustable, or something that wears that can be replaced?
    3) exhaust, Any recommendations where to a get a good one without spending silly money.

Anything mechanical doesn't bother me as I do all my own work.
    I haven't purchased yet but i am very temped. i will also have to get it mapped

It's black is the paint code easy enough to get hold off, it needs lots of touch up and a sill painting.

thanks
    Pete
    Nice to see you back here, though you may find things a tad quieter these days, but still many knowledgeable people who regularly pop in from time to time and hopefully can answer your questions, I can tell you that the paint code is easy to find and should be on the chassis plate under the bonnet on the inner wing.

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks!
    Yeah I know forums are quiet now days.. such a shame they are soo much better than bookface
    I took the wife to show it today. And even though she hates Volvos, she didn't say it was a bad idea so o. For a winner so far
    If you make it idiot proof
    They will make a better idiot

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pistol Pete For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Friday 9th July 2021),kmb (Monday 12th July 2021)

Thread Information