Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Cool I have a T5!!!!!

    Well after 5 -6 months of searching I bought a V50 T5 two weeks ago.

    She is a 2009 T5 R-Design SE.

    Here are a few snaps I took last week (The bonnet was unlocked at the time of taking the pictures hence the alignment)


    Name:  20210321_084915 (2).jpg
Views: 0
Size:  150.2 KB

    Name:  20210321_084906.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  119.9 KB

    Name:  20210321_084926.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  114.7 KB

    Name:  20210321_085015 (1).jpg
Views: 0
Size:  99.5 KB

    Name:  20210321_085022.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  101.6 KB

    Name:  20210321_084957.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  153.7 KB

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to brimfull For This Useful Post:

    Moonpiemagic (Tuesday 13th April 2021)

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Appreciative
    kmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Suffolk & Rhone Alpes
    Posts
    1,389
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 453 Times in 373 Posts
    Very nice... identical 18" Medusa wheels and colour as my C30 T5 (powder coated anthracite). Any plans for it?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:

    brimfull (Thursday 1st April 2021)

  5. #3
    Junior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Very nice.

    Welcome

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mkengineering For This Useful Post:

    brimfull (Thursday 1st April 2021)

  7. #4
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    Very nice... identical 18" Medusa wheels and colour as my C30 T5 (powder coated anthracite). Any plans for it?
    Thanks,

    The wheels have recently been refurbished and to be honest, they are in the colour that I would have chosen myself. The plan at the moment is to tidy up a few issues. I have replaced a cracked mirror in one of the sun visors, I have replaced the windscreen washer jets and I have today received a brand new set of genuine Volvo car mats as the driver's one is beyond repair. I have replaced all the discs and pads with Brembo items as I was getting a slight wobble through the steering wheel on heavy braking which I put down to warped discs. The new discs and pads have cured this issue. I fitted a K&N Panel filter this is something I have always done on my turbo-engined cars as after a few services the filter pays for its self as they don't need replacing just cleaning and re-oiled with a very liberal amount of oil.

    The inside has had a good clean with the seats receiving some leather cleaner and protector. Everything inside the car works as it should with the high-performance sound system sounding fantastic.

    Sat Nav system works a treat although it is a bit outdated with its looks however I do have the option to use my phone via the USB port for navigation.

    Next week it is going to a Body-shop to have several scratches that have penetrated the base coat repaired. Mechanically it appears all good having had a few hundred pounds spent on various suspension components and everything else appears to be in order.

    Car was serviced and checked over back in Feb this year by a Volsaa garage in Derby who found no issues. I have purchased 6lts of Millers oil which I will change in the next few months as the oil was only changed back in Feb.
    Last edited by brimfull; Thursday 1st April 2021 at 13:00.
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to brimfull For This Useful Post:

    kmb (Tuesday 13th April 2021)

  9. #5
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkengineering View Post
    Very nice.

    Welcome
    Thanks
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE

  10. #6
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Fitted a set of these headlight bulbs this evening. Not had a chance to put the headlights on yet to see if there is an improvement over the Philips ones that were already fitted.

    https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7...gen-bulbs.html

    Also replaced the locking wheel nuts with regular nuts as far as I am concerned locking nuts are more hassle than what they are worth.
    __________________
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE

  11. #7
    Senior Member
    Appreciative
    kmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Suffolk & Rhone Alpes
    Posts
    1,389
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 453 Times in 373 Posts
    Sounds like you're getting it how you want. Nice to sort everything.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:

    brimfull (Wednesday 14th April 2021)

  13. #8
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    Sounds like you're getting it how you want. Nice to sort everything.
    Yes, I collected it from the Bodyshop on Monday having had several scratches and blemish removed and the guy has done an excellent job to be fair, with the car being Silver quite a lot of blending was needed to avoid the grey/smokey appearance you get with poorly repaired Silver cars.

    I also purchased a set of genuine Volvo car mats to replace the rather tatty-looking aftermarket ones that were fitted when I bought the car. These were Volvo items were not cheap but are a perfect fit and great quality.



    Name:  20210401_114032.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  94.1 KB

    Name:  20210401_114039.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  110.6 KB
    Last edited by brimfull; Wednesday 14th April 2021 at 19:23.
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to brimfull For This Useful Post:

    kmb (Thursday 15th April 2021)

  15. #9
    Senior Member
    Appreciative
    kmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Suffolk & Rhone Alpes
    Posts
    1,389
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 453 Times in 373 Posts
    May I ask how much they cost? I have the same set in my C30 and noticed underneath the driver's heel (underside) it's starting to get thin and soft, wouldn't mind renewing them.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:

    brimfull (Friday 16th April 2021)

  17. #10
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    May I ask how much they cost? I have the same set in my C30 and noticed underneath the driver's heel (underside) it's starting to get thin and soft, wouldn't mind renewing them.
    I paid around 80 including delivery from Volvo parts TMS.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to brimfull For This Useful Post:

    kmb (Wednesday 21st April 2021)

  19. #11
    Senior Member
    ...here we go again...
    LeeT5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,334
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimfull View Post
    Yes, I collected it from the Bodyshop on Monday having had several scratches and blemish removed and the guy has done an excellent job to be fair, with the car being Silver quite a lot of blending was needed to avoid the grey/smokey appearance you get with poorly repaired Silver cars.

    I also purchased a set of genuine Volvo car mats to replace the rather tatty-looking aftermarket ones that were fitted when I bought the car. These were Volvo items were not cheap but are a perfect fit and great quality.



    Name:  20210401_114032.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  94.1 KB

    Name:  20210401_114039.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  110.6 KB
    Those will be great now the summer is just round the corner but I'd advise that you get the Genuine winter mats too, otherwise they'll be ruined in less than 12 months!
    The rubber mats are normally very cheap around 40 from Volvo.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

    brimfull (Wednesday 21st April 2021)

  21. #12
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Those will be great now the summer is just round the corner but I'd advise that you get the Genuine winter mats too, otherwise they'll be ruined in less than 12 months!
    The rubber mats are normally very cheap around 40 from Volvo.
    I still have the knackered set, to go back in for the winter

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE

  22. #13
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Gave the car a wash this morning using Powermaxed shampoo and then I applied a coat of Poorboys White Diamond polish. Unfortunately, I was not able to apply a layer of wax or take a few photos due to the Thunderstorm and rain that started just I finished applying the polish
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to brimfull For This Useful Post:

    kmb (Tuesday 11th May 2021)

  24. #14
    Senior Member
    Appreciative
    kmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Suffolk & Rhone Alpes
    Posts
    1,389
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 453 Times in 373 Posts
    How are you getting on with the T5 generally, how does it compare to your previous car for example? Would be interesting to hear your opinion.

  25. #15
    Senior Member
    ...here we go again...
    LeeT5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,334
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimfull View Post
    Gave the car a wash this morning using Powermaxed shampoo and then I applied a coat of Poorboys White Diamond polish. Unfortunately, I was not able to apply a layer of wax or take a few photos due to the Thunderstorm and rain that started just I finished applying the polish
    Interesting concept. Why would you "apply polish"? Polish, by definition, is a cutting compound used for removal of light marring and swirl marks to the clearcoat. You cannot 'apply' polish. It offers no protection whatsoever, especially once buffed off!

    I take it the paint work didn't need a mechanical decontamination by clay bar or similar OR the use of a fallout remover to remove iron contaminants from the clearcoat? Just saying because otherwise, your application of polish would have served no purpose other than to induce more swirls marks, marring and scratches to your paint, whilst giving the illusion of the paint being smooth to the touch because you used a polish.

    It was just as well the thunderstorm came in and stopped you sealing the clearcoat with wax.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

    brimfull (Friday 14th May 2021)

  27. #16
    Senior Member
    ...here we go again...
    LeeT5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,334
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brimfull View Post
    I paid around 80 including delivery from Volvo parts TMS.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Volvo parts TMS......relatively new company I believe.

    I've had a look on they're website at everything they have to offer and it appears good. One thing I have noticed is they appear to match Volvo dealer prices on accessories however, they end up costing more money because of the postage costs. It's nearly always cheaper for me to get from my local dealer.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

    brimfull (Friday 14th May 2021),kmb (Thursday 13th May 2021)

  29. #17
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Interesting concept. Why would you "apply polish"? Polish, by definition, is a cutting compound used for removal of light marring and swirl marks to the clearcoat. You cannot 'apply' polish. It offers no protection whatsoever, especially once buffed off!

    I take it the paint work didn't need a mechanical decontamination by clay bar or similar OR the use of a fallout remover to remove iron contaminants from the clearcoat? Just saying because otherwise, your application of polish would have served no purpose other than to induce more swirls marks, marring and scratches to your paint, whilst giving the illusion of the paint being smooth to the touch because you used a polish.

    It was just as well the thunderstorm came in and stopped you sealing the clearcoat with wax.
    Typo white diamond is a glaze and not a polish. It contains no cutting compound.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE

  30. #18
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    How are you getting on with the T5 generally, how does it compare to your previous car for example? Would be interesting to hear your opinion.
    Hi, getting along with the car just fine, drives great without any issues. Not the quickest car I have owned but with 230bhp it still pulls really well.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to brimfull For This Useful Post:

    kmb (Saturday 15th May 2021)

  32. #19
    Member
    Volvo Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    It looks clean and well-maintained. I really like the aftermarket wheels on this T5, it added style to the SUV.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Morgan Harris For This Useful Post:

    brimfull (Wednesday 26th May 2021)

  34. #20
    Junior Member
    V50 T5 R design SE Baby!!!!
    brimfull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Harris View Post
    It looks clean and well-maintained. I really like the aftermarket wheels on this T5, it added style to the SUV.
    Thanks, the wheels are standard 18inch Volvo v50 wheels just refurbished.
    2009 V50 T5 R-Design SE


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     
ipv6 ready