Join Today

Thread: repair or buy

This user has no status
    Thanks

repair or buy

my t4 has a scratch/dent in the drivers door , been there since i got it. finally got round to taking it to a backstreet repair/paint shop , he wants £100 to fix it and respray the bottom half of the door. now ive had a few cars sprayed and i can allways tell (maybe because i know its been sprayed there) and i think the car looks like its been in a smash as the colours never match 100%. so is it best to do it this way or scower the salvage yards across the country for a blue/green drivers side door and does any1 know how much one of those would cost??? or would i still get the same effect with colour deteriation

This user has no status

Thanks
    You will have the same problem getting hold of a door, the colours will never match 100% due to age differences and also differences in batches of paint from the factory.

Your best bet is to get it done at a bodyshop, if they do a good job will take alot to be able to tell the difference.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markt4
    my t4 has a scratch/dent in the drivers door , been there since i got it. finally got round to taking it to a backstreet repair/paint shop , he wants £100 to fix it and respray the bottom half of the door. now ive had a few cars sprayed and i can allways tell (maybe because i know its been sprayed there) and i think the car looks like its been in a smash as the colours never match 100%. so is it best to do it this way or scower the salvage yards across the country for a blue/green drivers side door and does any1 know how much one of those would cost??? or would i still get the same effect with colour deteriation
    How big is the damage? any pics, because dent master or alike will actually repair it and air brush it too match,

Gary
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    cheers lads

the scratch is about 5 inches long and is on a 45 degree angle

This user has no status

Thanks

try these....

Mark just been looking at some local lads for the repairs for your car ,give them a bell,they may give you a better price,or maybe able to do a better job in matching colour etc;

sunderland coachworks 0191 5640202
    autospray-durham 0191 3771333
    GT cosmetics sunderland 0191 5656722
    fadeaway houghton le spring 0191 5845245

hope this helps mate,Steve.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    cheers steve. ill give them a ring after christmas

Thread Information