Join Today

Hybrid View

This user has no status

Thanks

V70 over revving

Has anyone else experienced the same problem my V70 has?
    When changing gear the revs go up before dropping back down again. It depends on how hard I am accelerating before a gear change on how far the revs shoot up.
    I don't know whether this may be the cause but the clutch is very high so I have bought a new clutch and dual mass flywheel but have yet to get it fitted.
    Has anyone any idea on the cause and more importantly a cure?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I should have said, when I dip the clutch, the revs increase before dropping, but this doesn't happen if I'm stationary.

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    A sticky idle control valve possibly springs to mind...?? My Gul's rev's hang between gear changes but I believe that is down to me using a remapped auto ecu on a manual car, but I not been bothered enough to put the original ecu back in to find out if it goes away then.

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

This user has no status

Thanks
    I've also noticed the car has a massive loss of power when under load(up hills). I have renewed the spark plugs. Attached a code reader which gave no codes. I've had no issue with any of the other Volvo's I've owned in the past but this thing is starting to get on my nerves.

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Have you done a stage 0 tune? (link below)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...tage-0-Tune-Up

It's an old link but still pretty much relevant. It is pointless trying to troubleshoot a problem if one or more of those components aren't working correctly in the first place, especially considering the age of some of our vehicles now (which may be running on original parts that are beyond service life)

Also, what year is your V70 and what engine?
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status

Thanks
    My V70 is a 2000, 2.4, litre petrol (140bhp). She's done 198000.00 miles.
    I think the cause of the car being slow may have been solved. My local garage attached their OBD2 reader. It came back that their was a problem with the throttle pedal/throttle body. When the pedal was depressed 1/2 way down the reader shoed only 15% and when the pedal was to the floor, 88%.
    The pedal/throttle body was reset. The problem of the revs increasing between changing gears is still happening though. If I let the car coast (with the clutch pedal pressed to the floor, the rev the car, the revs drop immediately,. Really weird how it only happens when changing gear.

Thread Information