Join Today

Threaded View

Newby

Thanks

2009 Volvo S40 T5

Hello, I thought I would start a project threat here on mine and update as it continues.

Bought my car 4 years ago at 44k and its now on 149k which is amazing and it has been incredibly reliable! (touch wood)

Car has had quite a bit of work done on it by various people and currently running 390bhp, it was running 414bhp but that was right at the limit of the current 550cc injectors. It is used as a daily as well as a track car, takes me to work and bashes around Castlecombe / Thuxton & yearly trips to the Nuremburgring. Also ran quite a few times at Santa pod to see how it does on the 1/4 through all the stages of modding (I like to see what the car actually does real life than a print out, times below)

At Santpod when the car was completly standard, it ran 17.0. That was its best time.
    With standard remap, K&N intake filter, Performance Jetex Exhaust, it ran 14.5. Best on the day
    With standard remap, K&N intake filter, Performance Jetex Exhaust, smaller 17" alloys and B14 coilovers it ran 14.4. Best on the day

With the bigger turbo and all the new mods, the car did a best time of 13.2. The funny thing is that most of the day I was actually running 14.5 times and worse as without a diff or slick tires it was just too difficult to get the power down without constant wheel spin down the 1/4. Hopefully when I get these one, I want to try and get into the 12's.

I will put my mod list down below:

- Weisco pistons and K1 rods & Engine block modded by BD Performance
    - Vibratech lower torque mount
    - Uprated fuel pump
    - 550cc injectors
    - Port polished lower manifold
    - AS Plenum
    - RS Customod vac line
    - BD foam induction cone with a 3" intake pipe
    - Turbo K16 stage 3 hybrid
    - Full 3" Custom exhaust system
    - Bilstein B14 coilovers
    - Hardrace rear anti roll
    - ST225 front brakes with vented slotted discs and green stuff pads
    - 4x PS4 tires on RS MK3 rep alloys 18"

Remapped by PSL Performance.

S40 T5 by Dom Hartland, on Flickr

Got a list of parts that are waiting to go on now

- Volvo Modded oil can with breather kit
    - Hardrace lower arms
    - Got a full polybush kit
    - 750cc injectors (Aiming for bigger power)

Still on the list
    - Big brake kit (Still undecided which one to go for)
    - LSD (Still undecided which one to go for)

All hopefully goes back in the next couple months to get those injectors on to push the power again. But hoping to have it all ready before another Ring trip next year!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonpiemagic For This Useful Post:

JT (Wednesday 19th August 2020),kmb (Wednesday 19th August 2020)

Thread Information