So I loaned the car to a mate for a few days, as I have the 940 and have been dailying that no problem. My mate isn't an idiot and his daily is a fire-breathing 500bhp track monster so he knows what he's doing with the car. Came to me yesterday and said he felt a tiny bit of slip in 3rd, and tbh, I have felt a little bit at the top of end of the gears at WOT the last month or so.

The car had a brand new clutch and flywheel when we stage 0'd it before anything got done, and that was about 5-6000 miles ago. It was a bog standard clutch, but the Volvo OEM ones are supposed to be ok?

Either way, a 2.0t making c~280-300bhp seems to have killed it. What I'm wondering is what I'm best off doing now. Funnily enough, the reason I lent him the car is because the clutch went on his Type-R, which we then opened up on the driveway (his turned out to be a combo of release bearing and some internal spigot had munched the pressure plate and splines between them). Wasn't as horrendous a job as we thought it'd be to do, so I think I might even have a go of doing this myself, as opposed to last time (only thing I left my mates garage to do without me, work obligations).

Is there any way I can get rid of the DMF and just put a proper SMF in there, along with a decent heavy-duty clutch? Ideally would like something capable of withstanding 4-500bhp minimum really, just so I have plenty of wiggle room next time it's on the dyno. Can also consider this a training run for the 940 clutch, which needs doing (for drifts ) and with it being longitudinal and RWD, might even be easier!

Cheers all

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk