Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

S60 336mm brake upgrade advise

Hi all, I am currently upgrading my s60 brakes to the xc90 336mm brakes and I am struggling to find the correct brake hoses , I have seen plenty of threads of people doing the upgrade but can't see anything on brake hoses. I am looking for braided lines for the front and rear but do not know what length of hose I need for the front. The standard brakes on the car are 286mm so I am guessing there is no way my current hoses are long enough for 50mm bigger brakes.
    I have spoken to the likes of hell and goodridge and the only thing they will tell me is that the threads on either end are the same on both cars but they do not have the lengths of the hose listed on their system for some reason.
    Does anybody know if there is a kit already available for all 4 corners and if there isn't what hoses do I need for the fronts? The rear end is standard and should be easy to find.
    Thanks

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    According to this post: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showp...75&postcount=5
    and this post: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ade-components

you should be able to use the old hoses. So the braided S60 front hose should work, maybe go for the bigger wheel hose option.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Thread Information