Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

2009 Volvo S40 II D5 2.4 R-Design - brake pad - wear sensor or not?...

Hello all,

I drive 2009 Volvo S40 II 2.4 D5 R-design and was wondering how to tell if my car has the brake wear sensor or not. How do I tell?

I plan on ordering some rear/front brake pads and need to confirm.

Thanks

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Apologies for the late reply.

Have a look through the alloy wheel at the brake pads and see if you can see a small black wire coming out the caliper housing. Don't confuse this with the ABS wire (which is much thicker cable). You may need to remove the wheel as sometimes the wire is on the inside pad.
    It may also only have one wire on one pad on one side, so if you cannot see any wires on either side - it'll be pot luck as to which wheel you remove first.

Don't trust local parts suppliers as they often wrong.

Might be worth ringing you local stealer and ask the parts guys to have a look as brake pads are a service item and always kept in stock
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information