Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Dead screen and safety systems (BLIS, CAT, parking, etc)

Hi. I hope someone can help me here. I have a second hand V40 D3 Cross Country Lux 64 plate bought one year ago. 50k diesel.

Just had a 'turbo sensor' replaced by a main dealer, after the engine light came on permenantly and the car wasn't as sprightly as before (still revving as usual though).

Now less than 3 weeks later the whole screen is dead on the infotainment system. Climate controls appear to be working fine but I can't see what the temp is so just do it the old way by 'well, that's a bit too hot now' approach. All audio gone, CD not responding, no SatNav, rear camera, parking sensors, BLIS or collision alert.

Dealer is unsure, but has quoted me +£1k for an 'audio interface module' to see if that will solve it. They have since said that if it doesn't, it's a replacement infotainment system at a similar price on top. Nice.

Does this sound right? Would this module shut down everything I've explained above? It is a great car, and I enjoy driving it, but it is a lot of money to spend on things which I are supposed to be key safety systems which Volvo base their reputation on. The dealer said they have contacted Volvo for a contribution, but I'm not holding out much hope to be honest.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by IJM1976; Thursday 16th April 2020 at 15:54.

Thread Information