Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Seized drivers door lock

Hi Folks.
    Have a problem with my T5. The drivers door lock is completely seized so if the keyfob isn't working for some reason I have no way of getting into the car, apart from climbing in through the tailgate :-) (as the tailgate lock still works)
    Is it easy to remove and free up the mechanical parts of the lock?
    Cheers
    Mo
    Last edited by MobyUK; Tuesday 17th December 2019 at 20:59.
    '98 V70 T5, 17" Mega Panteras, 225 45 Eagle F1 Assymetric 3, Eibach Pros, Bilstein B6s, Strut brace, Ramair cone filter, All polys, No badges except T5.

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    P1 V70 is easy enough to remove the door lock. It is part of the door handle.

Open the door and remove a little black plastic cover in the shape of a D. Underneath is two bolts which hold the door handle on. Remove those and then the handle should be loose, then you need to twist the door handle up or down to get the handle catch off the inner door lock.

There is probably a guide somewhere about.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks Dangerous. You've confirmed what I was thinking.
    Now I have something to look forward to over Christmas
    '98 V70 T5, 17" Mega Panteras, 225 45 Eagle F1 Assymetric 3, Eibach Pros, Bilstein B6s, Strut brace, Ramair cone filter, All polys, No badges except T5.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MobyUK For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Wednesday 18th December 2019)

Thread Information