Join Today

Thread: V50 D5 issues

This user has no status

Thanks

V50 D5 issues

Loved my car in the beginning....

Never been hugely impressed with the fuel economy but it is a 2.4 litre engine so I accepted it would never be as good as my old 1.9 TDI.

Consistently got low 40s during the summer and the previous year I'd had it until then, but the last few months I am getting 36 mpg... I drive like Miss Daisy. 70mph on the motorway with cruise control on, all week. 27 miles to work and 27 miles back, almost all motorway...... Bloomin thing is costing me a fortune.

Recent things to note, may or may not be coincidental.

Sitting at traffic lights or a junction for a little while idling..... Set off, big plumes of grey/white smoke that stinks...... Doesn't happen all the time.

No smoke under normal driving or acceleration. Car goes like a train.

After coasting (over run) and then accelerating, blue smoke........ (oil burning).

Hellish vibrations 50/60/70 under acceleration, believed it was a drive shaft on the nearside. Problems seem to have started when I replaced inner CV boot. Replaced original drive shaft with a second had one. Exactly the same problem remains..... I wonder if its the "cap" that the trio bearing driveshaft slots into. Going to change it, when I get a chance. No play in any track robs etc.

Got a leak off test kit to see if the injectors are playing up, and may be over fueling and causing the high mpg and/or grey white smoke........

Codes have been read in a proper VIDA and DPF regen'd even though it was reading very low anyway. Still no difference.......

Loosing the will.

Help....
    62' V60 D3 R Design
    62' V60 T6 AWD R Design polestar'd

This user has no status

Thanks
    Doesn't use a drop of coolant.

Not particularly using much oil. Always needed a top up every now and again but definitely nothing that I'm concerned about.
    62' V60 D3 R Design

This user has no status

Thanks
    Update: Sorted the vibrations.... Eventually. Replaced both drive shafts. Inner Cv joint on offside was to blame in the end. Rusty inside and had clear movement when rotating..

On to the other issues..
    62' V60 D3 R Design

Thread Information