Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

C70 Headlamp washers

Hi all.
    I recently had my front bumper resprayed which meant it was taken off and replaced. Since then I’ve got problems with the headlamp washer jets.
    Basically, there is enough pressure to extend both nozzles, but only the offside jet sprays and only trickles out on the second ‘squirt’. The near side one doesn’t spray at all (and this one, I think, is closest to the pump).
    I took the car back and he’s had the bumper off but cannot find an issue.

Any suggestions please??

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

Appreciative
    Thanks
    Maybe it's the most obvious thing, blocked washer jets caused by the disconnection of the pipes (to remove the bumper) dislodging some dirt/grime?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    Maybe it's the most obvious thing, blocked washer jets caused by the disconnection of the pipes (to remove the bumper) dislodging some dirt/grime?
    You don’t have to actually disconnect anything. Other than the washer nozzle caps the rest is behind/through the bumper bar. Tried unblocking the jets but still nothing

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubes For This Useful Post:

kmb (Wednesday 27th November 2019)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    The most likely issue is the rubber pipes going to the washer jets have not been correctly routed.
    Even the slightest kink will hinder the performance.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    The most likely issue is the rubber pipes going to the washer jets have not been correctly routed.
    Even the slightest kink will hinder the performance.
    That’s what I’m hoping mate. Thing is, I’m sure they don’t need to be touched when taking the bumper off and removing it. Seems like an obvious place to start and the cheapest to resolve!

Thread Information