Join Today
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Thinking of getting a T5R or R front bumper mould?

    I’ve been searching for a while for a T5R or 850 R front bumper (lower spoiler) everywhere and no joy. I even searched the States and new they have stopped doing them. This got me thinking, a) I really want one b) what happens if someone T5R or R has a frond end accident and needs replacing. So I was thinking of getting a mould done and get a batch of them done in GRP. I remember seeing this service done about 20 years ago, albeit for more expensive cars. But wondered if there’d be any interest from members here?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Appreciative
    kmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Suffolk & Rhone Alpes
    Posts
    1,397
    Thanks
    930
    Thanked 457 Times in 376 Posts
    Morning buddy, there was a chap on here that did exactly this, it does make the front end look better.

    If you dig around in the search for 850R front spoiler you may be able to find the man.

    You do see a few turn up on eBay, there is also a Volvo garage/breaker in Ashford Kent that seemed to have a few broken cars with them.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:

    attila (Friday 4th October 2019)

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Try Germany, these bumpers show up regulary on websites with second hand items.

    Friend has one lying around but its in the Netherlands, can ask him if he wants to sell if you want

    Just be aware that these bumpers tend to crack often, one thing you should do is reinforce them with carbonfibre, then they will outlive the car :-)

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vasquez For This Useful Post:

    attila (Friday 4th October 2019)

  6. #4
    Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez View Post
    Try Germany, these bumpers show up regulary on websites with second hand items.

    Friend has one lying around but its in the Netherlands, can ask him if he wants to sell if you want

    Just be aware that these bumpers tend to crack often, one thing you should do is reinforce them with carbonfibre, then they will outlive the car :-)

    Ooh yes please! That would be great thank you.

  7. #5
    Junior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Asked him

    He has a black one for sale, paint is in rough shape, but i believe it has no cracks and it is solid.

    Also saw that there are 3 for sale now on websites in The Netherlands.

    If you want these links, sent me a PM, i will tell you where to look

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vasquez For This Useful Post:

    attila (Saturday 5th October 2019)

  9. #6
    Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez View Post
    Asked him

    He has a black one for sale, paint is in rough shape, but i believe it has no cracks and it is solid.

    Also saw that there are 3 for sale now on websites in The Netherlands.

    If you want these links, sent me a PM, i will tell you where to look

    Thanks sent you a PM.

  10. #7
    Junior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yep, sent you a reply with links to websites :-D

  11. #8
    Senior Member
    this member hass no status
    thunderace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    1,481
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 76 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb View Post
    Morning buddy, there was a chap on here that did exactly this, it does make the front end look better.

    If you dig around in the search for 850R front spoiler you may be able to find the man.
    Were you thinking of Tomcat?






  12. The Following User Says Thank You to thunderace For This Useful Post:

    kmb (Sunday 6th October 2019)

  13. #9
    Senior Member
    Appreciative
    kmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Suffolk & Rhone Alpes
    Posts
    1,397
    Thanks
    930
    Thanked 457 Times in 376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderace View Post
    Were you thinking of Tomcat?
    That's the fella, thanks!


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     
ipv6 ready