Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

ETM V50 2011 2.0 L Petrol Powershift

Hi all, I bought a 2nd hand V50 2011 2.0 L Petrol Powershift with 198000 km on it, the other day. It is still in an exccelent condition for a vehicle this old with so many kilos. I got a problem after I did an oil and spark plug change, because I did not get a service record with it. Does anybody know what this "bolt" is used for on the Electronic Throttle Module (please see attachments). Why I am asking is that my vehicle is idling high (after the "service") and I cannot find anywhere on the net or the manuals that I bought, a description of how to set the idling on this model. Or is it controlled by the ECU and can only be changed through a computer coupled to the OBD. I do not want to "screw" around with this "bolt", but if I do not find an answer in the near future, I am going to try my hand on it anyway. Unfortunately for us in South Africa, the service centres for the vehicle are far and between and the charge exhorbitant prices for labour and parts. The current idling speed is between 1200 and 1400 rpm and it is "eating" through a fuel tank in no time. Hope anyone out there has an answer or suggestion. Greetings from a sunny South Africa, Feetloose.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Feetloose For This Useful Post:

danieltrj (Monday 27th November 2023)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hello) Congratulations on your V50 purchase! It's great to hear that it's in excellent condition despite the mileage.
    Regarding the "bolt" on the Electronic Throttle Module, it's likely the idle air control valve (IAC). This component regulates the engine's idle speed. However, adjusting it without proper guidance can be tricky. The idling speed on modern cars, including the V50, is often controlled by the Engine Control Unit (ECU) and is best addressed using diagnostic tools connected to the OBD port.
    Your high idling issue could be related to the recent oil and spark plug change, or it might be a coincidence. It's advisable to check for any vacuum leaks, which can affect idle speed. Additionally, ensure the throttle body is clean and free from deposits.
    Given the absence of a service record, a comprehensive diagnostic scan might reveal any underlying issues. If you're comfortable with it, you can check forums specific to your car model or seek advice from online communities. However, if the problem persists, considering professional assistance may be necessary, despite the challenges you mentioned about service centers in South Africa. On a broader note, for anyone purchasing second-hand cars, especially without service records, it's crucial to inspect the vehicle thoroughly. Pay attention to signs of wear, check for leaks, and if possible, have a trusted mechanic perform a pre-purchase inspection. This can help identify potential issues before they become significant problems. Cheers,feetlose)

Thread Information