Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status

Thanks

Cool

Quick update

Having finally tuned the car to a point where it cold starts reliably, and is reasonable on fuel, I parked it up. In the garage from January to today, and I drove an S60 instead. Now selling the S60 to get this back out for fun times this summer.

I finally got it into and back out of the bodyshop, it's now 2" wider on each side, but almost OEM looking. Props to Ian at Custom Panel and Paint in Exeter for doing a fantastic job. Some pics attached.

Name:  PSX_20220401_130840.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  208.2 KB

Name:  2022-03-14_08-39-31.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  97.9 KB

I spent the winter mostly working and planning. Reading back over the thread, my goals have changed a fair amount just between posts, and will doubtless continue to evolve. However the next few concrete plans are:
    1) 850R clutch and TTV flywheel - needs doing asap. Have the funds, need to book it in when life calms down a bit with work.
    2) 330mm brake discs with Martin Leaf's adaptors for 4 pot Brembo calipers (not S60R, they're off a Merc M class). If anyone has a good source/recommendations for S60R 330mm brake discs, please shout
    3) fit a tailgate spoiler - scored a genuine (rare!) 940 one from a breaker with an eggcrate grill, needs painting and fitting
    4) adjustable panhard rod, maybe polybush the rear end, but suspension is pretty much where I want it.

Short term goals are to drive the thing for the summer.
    Longer term, I'm aiming for 300-350 whp in the next year or so. I'm acquiring things for a proper engine build to do so, probably overkill but can always chuck a bigger turbo on when it's done.
    Picked up a spare engine to rebuild on the side with new internals, forged rods etc. and in the process of building a reasonable twin scroll manifold. Definitely a bit further off than the rest, but I've got the engine, the turbo (Holset HE250 with a 10cm2 twin scroll turbine housing), and the beginnings of the manifold. This is at least a year away, probably more, with the way the cost of living is shooting up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jfxv For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Saturday 2nd April 2022)

Thread Information