Join Today
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: auto box filter

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    auto box filter

    hi all i have a 2004 s80 d5 goes like the clappers but have a problem with the gear box when hot. i have changed transmission fluid then it ran better for a few days,i wondered if there was a filter and where it is located, any advice welcome. thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    ...here we go again...
    LeeT5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,334
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyboyj View Post
    hi all i have a 2004 s80 d5 goes like the clappers but have a problem with the gear box when hot. i have changed transmission fluid then it ran better for a few days,i wondered if there was a filter and where it is located, any advice welcome. thanks
    There is no filter.
    Sounds like the box may be slipping when hot? if so, it's likely the transmission bands are knackered.

    New gearbox mate or overhaul!!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Keeping it looking stock
    Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Newton abbot, Devon
    Posts
    5,566
    Thanks
    919
    Thanked 1,580 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Try to get somebody to reset the gearbox software adaptation for a fluid change.
    The daft thing is there is a filter in the gearbox but is got to be totally stripped to pieces to get to it, Definitely not a DIY job.
    correct fluid level when hot ? , As said looking like a rebuild is required.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ...here we go again...
    LeeT5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,334
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Try to get somebody to reset the gearbox software adaptation for a fluid change.
    The daft thing is there is a filter in the gearbox but is got to be totally stripped to pieces to get to it, Definitely not a DIY job.
    correct fluid level when hot ? , As said looking like a rebuild is required.
    Oh yes, gearbox adaption may help (doesn't in most cases and if it does, it lasts about 10 miles).

    Reference the filter.....Hence the rebuild!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    There is no filter.
    Sounds like the box may be slipping when hot? if so, it's likely the transmission bands are knackered.

    New gearbox mate or overhaul!!
    Thanks for the speedy reply, will see if i can pick up a replacement box

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Try to get somebody to reset the gearbox software adaptation for a fluid change.
    The daft thing is there is a filter in the gearbox but is got to be totally stripped to pieces to get to it, Definitely not a DIY job.
    correct fluid level when hot ? , As said looking like a rebuild is required.
    Thanks for the speedy reply, will see if i can pick up a replacement box

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    This user has no status

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Oh yes, gearbox adaption may help (doesn't in most cases and if it does, it lasts about 10 miles).

    Reference the filter.....Hence the rebuild!
    Thanks for the speedy reply, will see if i can pick up a replacement box


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     
ipv6 ready