Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Appreciative
    Thanks
    Nice chrimbo presents, glad you're still making progress!

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectLolvo View Post
    I am assuming it's a M66 FWD as well, not sure what model that would be out of but just hoping it isn't a 4WD, I would be completely out of my depth by that point haha.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    S60 t5 fwd , should have ball type linkages afaik. So it should be a straight forward swap, a part possibly for the gear selector....reverse could be in a different position. Also having thought a bit more about gripper diffs, I think I heard Tim Williams say that m66 gripper is all you can get these days and they fit the m56, worth checking as may not be remembering it all correctly

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

buy volvo, cut muffler off,
    send it

Thanks
    Ey up all, late update here but been busy with work as usual to get some dough to one side so I can sort intercooler and diff before I call it a do for a bit.

Had a few issues today to say the least though. Basically, took the car to TGS Dyno in Stockport, and when I tapped into the vacuum line that goes to their boost gauge to get a read, all boost disappeared. Did 3 runs, absolutely nothing and about 200bhp. Rubbish. I took her into the car park and re-connected everything, put the hose loop back in for the PCV and connected the boost gauge back to the vacuum line coming out of the intake manifold. Car was boosting again, so put it back on the dyno to get a miserable 220bhp, with it struggling in the low end.

Paid the guys for their time, and took it home. I went out for a blast just to see if it felt any different, and boost gauge seemed normal (just over 1 bar at peak) along with power delivery feeling normal (crazy turbo lag, plenty of ££££££££ top end). It doesn't seem like 220bhp when I'm driving, the first map I had was 228bhp in like June or something, the current map feels like waaay more than that when I'm booting it about.

So my question is this, does the S60 hate rolling roads? Do I need to find a hub Dyno? Have I been stiffed on the remap that was done after the turbo, injectors, downpipe and cat? I'm at a loss as to what to do, no pipes leaking, no induction loss, no misfire, no smoke. Basically no problems at all apart from when it's on the dyno it feels massively down on power. Printout read 220bhp but she can't be making 8hp less than the remap it had with stock turbo/injectors/downpipe can it???

Any help or suggestions would be very kindly appreciated, pulling my f****ng hair out here honestly.

Cheers

Oh, and forgot to say, yes still interested in diff, just got this to sort first and make sure it's doing what I want, then intercooler and final tune, then diff, ta

buy volvo, cut muffler off,
    send it

Thanks
    Another little update here, seems I may have been a touch hasty. Have been back to the car to have a poke about, and decided to see whether or not my cheapo boost gauge worked better if I tapped into the line traditionally rather than the youtube fast&furious way which included a turbo flutter noise for my own personal juvenile amusement. Stuck the t-piece on the vacuum hose and just jammed the boost gauge hose onto it, and hey presto. Arse dyno says there is bags more boost. Don't even know what to say to be honest. I think I'm probably just a f****ng idiot who likes turbo noises, so the first thing I'm doing (after another dyno run, and possibly an intercooler and map) is getting some sort of TCV that I can use to make noises and not lose boost.

Peaceeeee

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ProjectLolvo For This Useful Post:

kmb (Sunday 9th February 2020)

Thread Information