Quote Originally Posted by MoleT-5R View Post
From experience I can say that the M56 box from 850/v70 na 10v cars will give you an awesome track box acceleration is rapid and still able to clear 150 before hitting the std rev limiter, I have a quaife atb in mine for drag racing , which was a simple fit, but for track use I would replace that with a gripper though,
So is the M56 gearbox different depending on which vehicle it's been pulled from? Will one fit the another platform or does it mount differently? To be honest, I get a bit annoyed at how for some reason 1st, 2nd and 3rd all feel extremely long, but in 5th at 70mph I'm only just off the boost on the turbo and if I go to 80mph on the motorway, I can hear it spooling and know how much fuel is being rinsed because of how far up the gear I am.

What I would like is 5 fairly short gears, perhaps a max speed of 130 or so which is more than enough, and then an overdrive for the motorway to save fuel. Is there anything that would suit this application? I could understand if that sounds stupid, and I will be buying a more appropriate V70 D5 for a daily as soon as I've sold a fiesta ST I bought and fixed to sell, so the motorway cruising isn't that important. I'm more keen to make adequate use of the piddly 230hp than anything. Happy with it for a 2.0 obviously, but would love to be able to make better use of it.

Weight reduction may also be continuing this weekend if I get time, and have purchased 2 pairs of H&R 15mm spacers and some 45mm bolts to fit them with, which should be with us next weekend. Will be buying a trolley jack as well so that I can finally use the axle stands I have properly, ££££ty little jack is driving me up the wall for when I just want to do a little driveway job.

Meant to say, will probably be looking into LSD when I sort either a 2.4T swap or a T5, depending on what's more cost effective/fun/learning experience. Definitely going gripper though, every Volvo guy has recommended them so far. Quaife for the jap stuff, gripper for heavy euro stuff.

As usual cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk