Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Looking for 2.0L T5 tuning info.. if any!

I have recently purchased a 2014 V60 2.0 T5.
    Expecting a 2.0 petrol turbo to be easily tuneable .. I’ve yet to see any real info on tunning.!?
    It’s the B4204T11 engine..

Any info guys would be greatly appreciated! Not looking to go crazy with the tuning but may be open for a remap, different air filter, turbo upgrade or something similar along those lines!

I did read on an American tuning website that they dont do remaps etc.

Any help again when be greatly appreciated !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Talk to these guys, they are getting some very impressive results:

https://www.sgrperformance.com/
    P1 V70 2.5T Scorpion Exhaust, 3" downpipe 100cel cat, BSR induction, KKK24, GWE 3" Maf to turbo pipe,japanifold , 2010 V50 T5 Alloys Projector Headlamps with 5k Hid kit Quickshift kit, strut brace, Koni Yellow Sport,IPD BCS AET motorsport remap
    Previous: 2004 XC90 T6, 240GLT Estate, 343DL
    Toys: Capri 3.7 Twin turbo, Kawasaki ZX10R 2006,

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
    Talk to these guys, they are getting some very impressive results:

https://www.sgrperformance.com/
    Thanks for the info but they don’t do the remote tuning.myself and the car are abroad.

538 Nm on the old car. Now
    that was torquing!
    Thanks
    Not sure you will be able to do remote loading on your car due to Volvos software defense systems. I think your ecu will need to be "hacked" initially to get its code to then allow flashing via the OBD port. This had to be done on my old 2012 V70 D5 to aftermarket remap it.

This user has no status

Thanks

On this website it says they sell a self loader so it can all be done at home.

that was torquing!
    Thanks
    Rica agent said they could do mine until they got it... Only way they could was if it went to a Rica "workshop" first.
    All I suggest is ask before you buy.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks buddy! I’m in taiwan and mapping doesn’t exist here.

All I really want is a quiet DV and a stage 1 remap. Nothing too crazy! I can’t even find Dump valves online for the T5 VEA engine. Seems not many engine mods available for the newer Volvo engines compared to older Volvo turbo’s or other turbo cars I’ve had before.

that was torquing!
    Thanks
    Volvo mapping does not like DV's.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Not even recirculating ?

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    The problem that you have is that progressively since 2009 Volvo have implemented a pincode system, basically plain Banditry, where they lock out all access to their product by all parties other than their dealers and those who subscribe to their systems.

Along the way this prevents all access to the ECU through the OBD port for the purpose of changing software calibrations.and in fact to the ECU itself unless it is opened. That is what the somewhat dishonest rica entity allude to.... as do others who do not want to let the truth intrude into their world of apparent capability.

I have contact with a Swede who often visits Taiwan to carry out with great skill the task of installing his calibrations in the later Volvos. His work will give you outputs of 270bhp with 440nm of torque.

If you can PM me with your email address I will attempt to get him in touch with you.

On the subject of a dump valve.... for many years now all manufacturers' software reacts badly to the presence of such devices... they are best avoided. If you really must you can remove a manufacturer's induction tract before the MAF and fit a simple cone filter that will give more induction noise. But, remember that these let past very small and abrasive particles that will, over time, cause damage to the turbo.

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:

Kidder (Wednesday 24th April 2019)

This user has no status

Thanks
    I hadn’t seen any aftermarket induction kits.. I couldn’t even find a k&N replacement panel filter! Just to help it breathe a bit better.. I will pm my email and see if the gentleman will be out any time soon.

This user has no status

Thanks
    The drive E 2.0 T5 has more options now. TDI and a few add one, can liberate the power close to rica's claim on ECU remap.

Hi, I just joined and see many old threads...I have been modding my car last 6years...

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Thread Information