Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

V50 T5 Fuel pressure faulty signal code (2900) help

Hi guys. I've got a customers 54 plate V50 T5 in at work with a fault code 2900 Fuel pressure faulty signal. I'll admit I don't have much to do with later T5's. My first thought was faulty fuel pressure sensor, as luck would have it I had a spare which I swapped in but getting the same fault. I can clear the fault and monitor live readings and the fuel pressure stays at 4 bar (drops to 3.98 but can't see that being a problem) and the duty cycle increases to 57% when the revs are increased. I don't have to drive it it will re-log the fault code when stationary. I notice no blips in the reported fuel pressure. Anyone know if the duty cycle is too high possibly indicating a weak pump ? Anyone had any experience regarding this fault ?. No issues noted when driven.
    Thanks in advance
    Old Car: 855 T5 in Grey and rust (dead and gone, well, most of it !
    Missus' ride: Citroen C4 coupe 1.6 HDi,
    Modifications: Nowt.....yet !
    Daily driver: 855 R in Black,
    Currently nursing a blown head gasket, new engine on its way !
    Recent addition: Freshly imported Honda Stepwagon,
    Slowly turning into a camper van !

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Found this thread:
    https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...oting-strategy

Also, from Volvo:
    Fuel pump (FP), workload (%)
    Measurement range 0 - 100 %.
    The value shows the PWM signal between the engine control module (ECM) and the fuel pump (FP) control module. A higher pulse ratio gives a higher fuel pressure. At 400 kPa the pulse ratio must be approximately 35% (±5%). The values are not relevant if the battery voltage is too low.

Looks like your PWM of 57% for 4 bar is too high? Pump dodgy or flow being restricted?
    Last edited by Dangerous Dave; Tuesday 16th April 2019 at 01:21.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks Dave. Was digging around on the net for a while last night trying to find information. Did see on my copy of Autodata for Volvo that it was 35% but had also read on the net that it could be either 35% or 55% depending on pump type (confusing). I think I'm going to advise that they get further diagnosis by main dealer or wait till the fault manifests itself into a driveabilty problem that I can diagnose easier. To change the fuel pump is a tank out job (filter is also built into the pump) so that's going to be a fairly expensive job and likely write the car off (it's not in very good nick, looks like a school-run mobile rather than someones pride and joy !)
    Old Car: 855 T5 in Grey and rust (dead and gone, well, most of it !
    Missus' ride: Citroen C4 coupe 1.6 HDi,
    Modifications: Nowt.....yet !
    Daily driver: 855 R in Black,
    Currently nursing a blown head gasket, new engine on its way !
    Recent addition: Freshly imported Honda Stepwagon,
    Slowly turning into a camper van !

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Ah, probably not worth it then, especially if they aren't that interested in it.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Thread Information