Join Today

Thread: V40 d3 mods

This user has no status

Thanks

V40 d3 mods

Hi all first post here, so ive had the car for a few months and have always enjoyed playing atound with diesels and this won't be any different! So far then.

Installed k and n panel filter
    Celtic remap
    Dpf back custom exhaust.

Results in 213 bhp 332lbft

So plans next will be a custom dpf free flow
    Springs and spacers.

What I don't know and could do with any help as I'm struggling to find out is.
    What is the d3 turbo rated to?
    I can't seem to find anywhere that sells updated anti roll bars anyone know of any?

Looking forward to be part of the forum and nice to meet you all.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morewinner View Post
    Hi all first post here, so ive had the car for a few months and have always enjoyed playing atound with diesels and this won't be any different! So far then.

Installed k and n panel filter
    Celtic remap
    Dpf back custom exhaust.

Results in 213 bhp 332lbft

So plans next will be a custom dpf free flow
    Springs and spacers.

What I don't know and could do with any help as I'm struggling to find out is.
    What is the d3 turbo rated to?
    I can't seem to find anywhere that sells updated anti roll bars anyone know of any?

Looking forward to be part of the forum and nice to meet you all.
    Great quality filter but they come pre oiled, which is not good for your MAF!

My advice is remove and clean the MAF sensor every 1000 miles until you wash the filter at the vehicles next service.

Then, after you soak the filter in degreaser and dry it out, Do NOT spray the K&N filter oil back onto the filter. Leave it dry and reinstall.
    Then you can stop cleaning the MAF every 1000 miles and just enjoy the car.

Realistically you'll only get 3 services out the filter (or around 45k) before you'll need to replace it. They don't last 1,000,000 miles, despite what K&N claim!

Rear ARB's for a C30...

https://www.vivaperformance.com/rear...0-v50-c30-c70/

Performance mods for C30...

https://www.elevatecars.com/store/volvo-c30.html

Unfortunately, the D2, D3 and D4 variants are not really classed as 'performance cars' and most suppliers only offer uprated parts to fit the C30 T5 variant. However, most chassis/suspension parts are the same across the C30 range, so what fits a T5 will also fit a D2.
    You'll need to do your research first.

The above links should get you going and lots of things to chew over...

Last edited by LeeT5; Thursday 28th February 2019 at 20:40.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry for what could be a stupid question, are you saying some c30 parts will swap over to a v40? I know the VAG car range work this way seat to Skoda ect? I'll keep an eye on the filter didn't know about this issue many thanks!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Sorry buddy, my bad. I initially misread your post and thought you said C30

Try this...

https://www.elevatecars.com/store/volvo-v40.html

There's nothing on Viva for a V40, they don't even list it!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers for the info, this is going to be more of a challenge than I think!

Thread Information