Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

1996 850 T5 Motronic 4.3 to 4.4?

Hi, Ive asked this over on T5D5 but looking at the activity over there the Forums pretty dead! My 850 in the title has an HLM304 remap, A 16T and white injectors. I got the 16T and injectors off a written off 1998 S70 T5 manual that i still have. The car ran perfectly but i wasn't able to drive it to check it out due to the accident damage. Now ive been out the loop for yonks but was recently enlightened that the M4.4 is the way to go on a M4.3 850. Ive just yanked the M4.4 out of the S70 and its not the first time in its life its been removed, Also the car shows signs of previously having an MBC fitted and then removed, So the ECU might have a map on it, My question is can i remove my M4.3, Plop the M4.4 in and give it a quick boot round the block to see whats what? I know about the A/C mods required on the M4.4 but my A/C doesn't work and is switched off so i don't know if this or anything else would prevent me doing the quick swap over? Cheers for any advice/Help.
    Last edited by klunk; Sunday 11th November 2018 at 20:00.
    1995 855 T5 CD, Manual. HLM304, White injectors, 16T, Genuine RIP, 302mm discs, 75K miles!
    1996 855 TDI GLT, Manual.

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    It might run but the immobiliser may kick in and not let it start. If it does run it may throw an engine light for some of the features which aren't on the 850.

The other way to do it is to flash the map the Volvospeed guys have been developing. More info here http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/M44_Wiki
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

charlesboya (Tuesday 13th November 2018),klunk (Monday 12th November 2018)

Appreciative
    Thanks
    I bought a mapped M4.4 from Oblark on here and it ran beautifully on my 850 T5 (Air Con mod also) with white injectors... He might be able to advise.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:

klunk (Monday 12th November 2018)

Thread Information