Hi guys, not been on for a while but could use some advice. Think the head gasket on my R is starting to let go (not great as it hasn't really done a lot since I put the car back on the road) and I'm thinking of bodging it for now whilst sorting out a new engine.
When I bought the car several years ago the head was in the boot which got a full rebuild and some light porting/polishing etc. The bottom end however wasn't great and I'd always intended to rebuild it at some time so might as well be now !. However I was toying with the idea of getting a B5244T5 block, rebuilding that and sticking the R head on. As far as I can tell (please correct me if I'm wrong) but the B5244T5 from the last of the second generation V70/S60 T5's has a 81mm bore (same as the 2.3) but is stroked to give a slightly larger capacity. Would this be a useful upgrade whilst also giving a better chance of perhaps finding one in usable condition due to them being a little newer or is it not worth the effort ?. Any thoughts, ideas gratefully received.