Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Intercooler upgrade?

Enjoying this spell of warm weather, reminds me of the summer of 76, showing my age. Anyway, the R is not so keen and feels down on power, so considering a Snabb large intercooler upgrade. Anyone done this or can advise on whether its worth it?
    P2 2005 V70R with 3 peddles.

Trying to keep on top of it
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,018 Posts
    Sorry for late reply.

Yes it's definitely worth it! Will transform the performance and improve all round response. I have a Tim Williams IC with just about the largest Core you can fit and it uses OE hoses. Fits like a glove, literally.
    All other IC's are cheaper but more fiddly to fit and most require cutting the front end. They also don't use the stock hoses - so you gotta use silicone......which have a habit of popping off!

Anyways, if yours is/was down on power, I bet any money you like its split as they commonly do. Look for MAF faults codes, normally the give away.

Good luck. Lee.

2004 V70R 6spd manual:: Custom JRtuning REMAP @ peak 21psi :: Custom 2.75" exhaust :: TTV SMF + 07 Clutch :: WG 5.0 psi :: Tints :: IPD R gauge Rev.3 :: CFWerks door pod :: Forge CBV + yellow spring :: Windowed stock housing + blue filter :: Powerflex :: Superpro Engine mount :: Brembo Dot 5.1 :: TW FMIC :: Eibach 5mm spacers :: Brembo 330mm drilled discs :: iMiV 'Classic'+ BT :: D2R XENARC 5500k + LED H7 + LED H3 :: VolvoTech CFE OBD-V1 :: See garage for full mod list

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    DO88 is very poor quality, both in materials and construction..... way way overpriced too and chinese.

If you are serious buy the UK made alternative from Tim.

Don.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Tuesday 20th November 2018)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Contact for Tim

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Sorry for late reply.

Yes it's definitely worth it! Will transform the performance and improve all round response. I have a Tim Williams IC with just about the largest Core you can fit and it uses OE hoses. Fits like a glove, literally.
    All other IC's are cheaper but more fiddly to fit and most require cutting the front end. They also don't use the stock hoses - so you gotta use silicone......which have a habit of popping off!

Anyways, if yours is/was down on power, I bet any money you like its split as they commonly do. Look for MAF faults codes, normally the give away.

Good luck. Lee.
    Thanks Lee, dont think anything is split etc. Just a very hot day. Will look into your suggestions, thanks again.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,560 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abdul View Post
    Contact for Tim
    FB works under his name

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

abdul (Wednesday 21st November 2018)

Thread Information