After having some work done recently, my 850 T-5R developed a fuel leak. The leak is not severe (no puddles on the drive, MPG more or less the same) but inside the car there is a very strong smell of fuel. This is the case whether the tank is full or nearly empty and anywhere in between. Warm and sunny weather seems to make matters worse. This had never been experienced prior to the work being done. I'm assuming the timing is a coincidence because the work done was unrelated to the fuel system i.e. - in addition to annual service items - throttle housing clean-up, new leads and cap, new air mass sensor, new front oxygen sensor, new thermostat and ECT sensor, new cat back, new K&N air filter and new rear sub-frame bushes.

The car went back to the same garage that did the initial work and the following was done: fuel tank removed and clips and clamps replaced, fuel hose replaced, fuel pump and sender seals replaced, fuel vacuum hose replaced, canister hose replaced.

And still the problem pong persists. Quite apart from the smell, I am reluctant to drive the car in case it is unsafe.

I am aware of a recall for the 850 relating to heat shield attachments but I don't know enough about that to know if it's relevant to my issue, especially with the second round of work done.

Any obvious causes to investigate? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or pointers.