Join Today

Threaded View

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks

Angry I think I bought a Lemon!

Filled the tank up and put injector cleaner in the D5 this morning and set off for its first long run. Off down to the south coast to see my old dad in his nursing home. Got on the
    M25 and that horrible jointed concrete surface (that I HATE) was hiding faults. I sensed a 'misfire' but ignored it as the crappy road! Well got onto the 'posh bit' that actually has TARMAC on it and is smooth past junction 10 and then I noticed it.

The car was 'chuntering' with a steady throttle setting there was a noticeable stutter every now and then, almost like a misfire on a petrol engine. then it would stop for 15 minutes then back again. Well as soon as I turned off at J7 and had to stop for a roundabout the dash lit up like a christmas tree! I pulled into the dirt layby just off the 25 on the A24.The engine was running normal and had setted down but I had the red triangle on and URGENT ENGINE SERVICE lit on the DIM. So I turned round and headed home with it in 'SLUG MODE', managing about 45 on the motorway. Well the POS got me back to my yard where I keep the other cars, turned it off waitied a few minutes and tried starting it again NOTHING!!! At first attempt it felt like fuel starvation.

So back to the house (in the smart car) picked up the now fully working VIDA and plugged it in and got THIS LOT...............

Name:  faults.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  267.4 KB

Now there is an ECM 2505 fault which says FUEL PRESSURE TOO LOW..(fuel pump)????
    BUT WTF????? There are faults on almost EVERY MODULE!!
    In short it has more faults than my T5 Im repairing for its MOT!!!
    I have contacted the numpty I got it off as I have only driven about 170 miles since I bought it - 70 of those picking it up from him! As expected NO REPLY.

Now at this stage I am %$%*ING FUMING and frankly Im phoning the scrappy tomorrow and it can go or im going to part it out! Ive certainly been shafted by the guy that sold it. Luckily I only paid £1100 for it but I see that as lost money. Driving back from his place it was perfect apart from the radio and the cruise (which looks down to the steering angle sensor)

Looking at the VIDA faults is this heap viably repairable or is it best to quit while the going is good? A builder mate of mine has offered to "send a transit full of lads down to encourage the previous owner to reimburse me".......ahem......so I have that option!

BTW if I scrap it there is a FULL TANK of Shell ultimate DIESEL and Wynns Gold injector cleaner going cheap! (( shame my others are petrol
    Last edited by Tee5alive; Thursday 7th June 2018 at 16:12.
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11614&dateline=143983  7674

2004 - V70 D5 -'Black Bess' - The new addition
    2002 - C70 T5 'Ragetty Anne' - awaiting rebuild long term storage

Thread Information