Join Today

Thread: 940 brakes

This user has no status

Thanks

940 brakes

hi
    looking to rebuild my brakes this summer before I start upping the power. Would like to upgrade while I'm doing it because it needs doing anyway, so why not?
    Any recommendations of what I can fit to a '97 940 estate without too much hassle that works better than the stock ones? Looking to do discs and calipers primarily, pads are fairly straightforward after all.
    I have Girling with ABS at the moment, but was thinking I might just try to replace the whole system with something better so there's no more confusion over what I have, what specific parts I need, all that.
    Have been looking on the internet but there doesn't seem to be loads of info out there that I can find, figured I'd ask people in the know.
    Cheers!
    J

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    If it was me I would keep standard discs, get your calipers bang up to scratch, and make sure it all works as it should, then upgrade with mor eheat resistant pads. I havent had a car yet which didn't benefit from uprated pads on an otherwise standard set up, and have experienced scary brake fade several times with standard brakes.

I cannot recommend a good combo for your model I am afraid. From memory I put Ferodo Ds2500 on the front of 850 T5 after a hairy episode and they were brilliant. A bit squealy and they ate the discs, but hauled the old beast up good and true. Well worth looking into if the budget is there. Cheers Woz

what happens
    Thanks
    BUMP does anyone have any recommendations for pads for this motor??

Cheers
    Woz

what happens
    Thanks
    Mate having driving your car last week, its a credit to you, both the way ot goes and the way it stops!! Those brakes worked great when I had to stand on them when that numpty pulled out of the slow lane in front of us. She pulled up really sharply for such a large car.

Fancy doing a quick write sometime about what you did?

Thread Information