Join Today

Hybrid View

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've done my top engine mount bush with the round Supaflex purple bush like Lee has done (you need an earlier mount though with the round hole instead of square hole) and there was no noticeable extra vibrations.

The one that I did learn the hard way with, though, is the "torque rod" that goes between the gearbox and front subframe. I stupidly opted for a Proparts Sweden part that has blue polybushes, and it was just awful. The vibrations were so bad it causes one of my radiator top bolts to work free and drop out. Even after thread locking the radiator bolts the plastic fan shroud would rattle at idle which you could hear noticeably from standing in front of the car. Not to mention the cabin vibrations of course. Throttle response was great, gear shifts more positive but after 6 months I was sick of it and ripped it out to be replaced by a genuine Volvo OE part instead. I'm not saying don't poly bush, or even don't poly bush the torque rod, but I would definitely steer clear of the pro parts sweden version! Poly bushing can be a lottery but if you can follow the lead of someone like Lee who has beenthere and done it, you're less likely to be disappointed.
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold 'N' Brown For This Useful Post:

dibble34 (Tuesday 3rd April 2018)

Thread Information