Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold 'N' Brown View Post
    They did that to me as well. Sods law, I only noticed AFTER I'd drained the old oil out

I consoled myself in the fact that the oil they sent me was about 3 times as expensive on their site!
    I contacted them by email. It took them 12 days to respond by which point I'd got bored, ordered the correct stuff and had it delivered. It's quite naughty really. They are clearly doing it on purpose.
    62' V60 D3 R Design
    62' V60 T6 AWD R Design polestar'd

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

From Carparts4less website highlighted in bold RED!!

"Our sincere apologies for any delays
    We have just moved our main dispatching warehouse, and they have been experiencing some teething problems, which have manifested as picking and dispatching delays. As a result of this, orders may be delayed up to 48 hours – you can view the status of your order by logging into your account here…

We are also seeing a higher than normal volume of calls, which is currently causing waiting times of up to 30 minutes. We are very sorry if you are unable to get through to us, but you can rest assured that the team have your order and it will be dispatched as soon as possible. Parcel tracking details will be emailed to you automatically as soon as the order has left our warehouse allowing you to track your delivery online.
    Once again, we would like to apologies for any delays and assure you we are working around the clock to resolve these."

I've used them before and never had a problem.

They do use a very good 'chat service', which I've also used and they do respond quickly.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Used them loads myself. I'm not bothered in the slightest. Always rapid posting (never pay for 48hrs or next day), it always seems to arrive far quicker than they say.

Tried using that chat service at the time. I was 28th in the queue!!

Wont put me off.

It was good for the engine to have a flush anyway.
    62' V60 D3 R Design

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm not put off them, mistakes happen. My order was about a year ago though, so nothing to do with any warehouse move
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

This user has no status

Thanks
    Name:  v70 t5 pipes.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  30.0 KB

Found number 2 unconnected (and clearly had been for some time) on my travels.
    62' V60 D3 R Design

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo. View Post
    Name:  v70 t5 pipes.jpg
Size:  30.0 KB

Found number 2 unconnected (and clearly had been for some time) on my travels.
    That will cause the PCV to not function properly as the lack of vacuum will mean less oil vapour drawn to the oil trap.

If you read the car with VIDA you'd almost certainly have a MAF code too.

If I were you, I'd change out the PCV system properly, replacing the inlet manifold gasket, PCV cooling hose, banjo bolts and Thermostat housing aswell whilst your there.
    It will make a big difference to the cars driveability and noteably, the exhaust note too

If blocked, the PCV will force oil past the VVT valves, CAM seals and Rear main seal. Also, up the dipstick tube and all over the engine after a spirited drive.

Can you see all that crap around the PCT nipple next to #2? That's build up from a leaking PCT nipple most likely cos it's blocked.

Looks like you've got a few days work ahead of you cleaning that lot up and replacing bits.

When you remove the MAF > Turbo pipe, check the turbo end of the hose to see if it's cracked, split or brittle. If it is, renew it!! They leak and cause boost leaks. They only retail for about £70 from Volvo, so don't buy a second hand part. Use a new genuine clamp too as they are stainless steal and you don't want to have to remove it again as they're a bit of a pig to get too. Don't reuse the old clamp.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Sunday 8th April 2018 at 10:33.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Blimey Lee, take a breath...

Thats not a picture of my car, its one I found whilst trying to figure out what the pipe was supposed to be connected to. I even had the 850 Rs bonnet open but it doesn't have a pipe 2, its just blanked at the air intake next to the PCT nipple.

I'll get a picture of my engine bay, its rammed full of LPG pipes. Tricky to get into places without dismantling a lot.

I did the glove test yesterday. It was being sucked in at idle. A bit of throttle and is appeared to push out, but nothing mega.

I found some maintenance bill at some point that mentioned the oil breather. Looking at the PCV pipes, they are in very good condition which makes me think its been done at some point although I should do it to be safe, like you suggest.

I did leave the dipstick out a bit when I was trying to clear the mayo from the tube. I just ended up with an engine bay covered in oil. I would assume from your post that would suggest a restricted/blocked PCV?

Bought some new general rubber o rings for the dipstick tube (couldn't find anywhere that actually sold the right one), none where the right size width but have made a seal which seems to have stopped the mayo build up completely which is a relief.

No issues with new coolant or usage.

Gearbox is silky smooth with gear changes rather than the lurch/thump before.

Car going like a dream.

Annoying suspension rattles remain, have top mounts and strut bearings to go on which I'm hoping with sort or if not make better. Will be able to get a good look at other components to check its not them also.

Happy days
    Last edited by Timo.; Monday 9th April 2018 at 08:17. Reason: crap spelling
    62' V60 D3 R Design

This user has no status

Thanks
    Name:  Engine1.jpg
Size:  667.1 KB

Name:  Engine2.jpg
Size:  627.4 KB