Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

S70/V70 NA supercharged?

Hello I’ve got a naturally aspirated S70 10v, which I know isn’t the fasted thing on the earth and probably isn’t a performance Volvo but I’ve been thinking recently is it possible to squeeze a few more horses out of the engine. I know what a lot of people will say, buy a T5 but just out of interest I thought I’d ask. There’s a few in America supercharged and I thought is it possible to do this in the UK. Has anyone done this? And if so is their a kit available?
    Thanks for looking

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Unless it's very lightly boosted, 4 psi, then you're going to need to lower the compression ratio. Also if you fit a turbo, you'll need water and oil feed and return lines for it, and an intercooler. Then it'll need the ECU remapping. The best thing to do would be to buy a T5.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S7010v View Post
    There’s a few in America supercharged and I thought is it possible to do this in the UK. Has anyone done this? And if so is their a kit available?
    Thanks for looking
    Have you got any links to the ones that have been supercharged in America? as for a kit, no there isn't. You would have to ditch the aircon, fit T5 injectors, an intercooler and you could probably get away with using a T5 ecu.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hello, sorry I haven’t got a link, but it looks like it’s a turbo and supercharged car. Thanks for the help but I’ve got another question. I’ve recently watched the wheeler dealers Lotus Elise and they polished and ported the head. Could I do this to mine, and how much power would I get.
    Thanks for your help

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S7010v View Post
    Hello, sorry I haven’t got a link, but it looks like it’s a turbo and supercharged car.
    Lol, I didn't think there were any Supercharged ones in America, although I do believe there is a turbo and supercharged one somewhere in the UK
    You could polish and port the head on yours, but it probably won't gain you more than 10bhp.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

Thread Information