Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status

Thanks

2002 Volvo XC70 COnRod Bearing Replacement

Hi guys,

it seems after initially suspecting turbo and hydraulic valve lifters (tappets) that I've actually spun a ConRod bearing and have been notified by Volvo that tolerances for bearings - or should I say Crankshaft journals are stamped/laser etched on the flywheel face near counter-weight and on bottom half of block (for engine rebuild purpouses).

I was also notified that there can be (even from factory specs) various (Yellow/Red/Blue) Combinations of Upper and Lower ConRod Bearings - depending on tolerances.

I have some numbers on the old (removed, damaged/spun) bearing that may or may not indicate whether they are "standard" size or "oversized" (my observations indicate standard as a) there is no number such as .025 etc... to indicate any number other than standard (to which all bearings have consistently the same numbers stamped upon them), b) The following after market bearings are ONLY available in "standard" - "non- oversized" form (indicating 'standard is the usual go);

http://precisionintl.com/CategorySea...l=&Engine=2395

The numbers on the original bearings are as follows (please see attached pics.);

VOLVO (genuine); 3531614

and on other side

09-01 (possibly indicating date of manufacture and also numbers; 5496

I am trying to avoid separating the transmission from flywheel to view tolerance stamping/s and am merely aiming to replace bearings from underneath by removal of the oil sump without further dismantling. I am aware of axial flange bearings which I do not intend to replace if I can at all help it.

Thanks for having a look at my post - any help would be enormously appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information